OTTAWA, Jan. 30, 2019 /CNW/ - Hydro Ottawa continues to be recognized as one of the National Capital Region's Top Employers, earning a spot on the coveted list for the eleventh straight year. By investing in programs designed to foster personal and professional growth, Hydro Ottawa supports the entire employee lifecycle - from hire to retire.
The utility's comprehensive and strategic approach to talent development ensures its employees are prepared to fulfill their roles and are better positioned for success and advancement. Programs such as succession planning, management and leadership development, coaching and educational assistance are all available to help employees reach their fullest potential.
- On average, Hydro Ottawa invests 40 hours per employee annually on training in Trades and Safe Work Practices, Business Skills, Management and Leadership Development
- Hydro Ottawa not only supports key stages in the lives of its employees, it also invests in their families through programs like Take Our Kids to Work Day.
- Hydro Ottawa focuses on the health and wellbeing of its employees through its on-site fitness facilities and classes, healthcare benefits and wellness programs
- Hydro Ottawa's Retiree and Older Worker Engagement Strategy, Prime Time, is designed to redefine the later stages of its employee's careers, influence their transition experience and keep them engaged after retirement
"It's extremely important that Hydro Ottawa support its employees in all aspects of their life, both the professional and the personal, and provide them with the training, development and tools needed to succeed."
- Bryce Conrad, President and Chief Executive Officer
About Hydro Ottawa
Hydro Ottawa's core businesses are delivering electricity, generating renewable power and providing energy conservation/management and infrastructure services. Hydro Ottawa is a community-owned, private company, delivering electricity to more than 332,000 customers in Ottawa and Casselman. It is the largest municipally-owned producer of green power in the province, with hydroelectric and landfill gas-to-energy generating facilities. Hydro Ottawa Holding Inc. (Hydro Ottawa) owns and operates three subsidiary companies, Hydro Ottawa Limited, Envari Holding Inc. and Energy Ottawa Inc.
SOURCE Hydro Ottawa Holding Inc.
For further information: Daniel Séguin, Manager, Media and Public Affairs, Hydro Ottawa, Tel: 613-738-5499 ext. 2345, firstname.lastname@example.org