OTTAWA, April 16, 2019 /CNW/ - Thanks to its focus on sustainability, Hydro Ottawa Holding Inc. has once again been selected as one of Canada's Greenest Employers.
Hydro Ottawa Holding Inc. owns and operates three subsidiaries: Hydro Ottawa Limited, which distributes electricity across the city; Energy Ottawa Inc., which generates renewable energy; and Envari Holding Inc., which offers sustainable energy solutions for businesses, government and utilities.
- As Ontario's largest municipally-owned producer of green power, Energy Ottawa produces enough renewable electricity to power 108,000 homes through its hydroelectric, landfill-to-gas and solar installations.
- From streetlight conversions to retrofits, Envari provides its customers with leading-edge solutions to reduce their energy consumption.
- In addition to helping customers understand and reduce their impact on the environment, Hydro Ottawa is dedicated to educating students and the community on green practices. Through its in-school and community events, the company is working to build a culture of energy conservation, helping to shape a more sustainable future.
- Hydro Ottawa's school programs build awareness and a culture of conservation among elementary-aged students; the program has educated more than 250,000 students since its inception
- Hydro Ottawa is a catalyst member of EnviroCentre and Carbon613, a growing network of organizations that are setting and achieving greenhouse gas reduction targets in Ottawa
"Small changes can have a big impact when it comes to reducing our carbon footprint. At Hydro Ottawa, we work to educate on those small changes, while producing clean, renewable energy. As corporate citizens, we have a responsibility to make a difference in our communities, to reduce our carbon footprint and to help our city reach its sustainability goals."
- Bryce Conrad, President and Chief Executive Officer
About Hydro Ottawa
Hydro Ottawa's core businesses are delivering electricity, generating renewable power and providing energy conservation/management and infrastructure services. Hydro Ottawa is a community-owned, private company, delivering electricity to more than 332,000 customers in Ottawa and Casselman. It is the largest municipally-owned producer of green power in the province, with hydroelectric and landfill gas-to-energy generating facilities. Hydro Ottawa Holding Inc. (Hydro Ottawa) owns and operates three subsidiary companies, Hydro Ottawa Limited, Envari Holding Inc. and Energy Ottawa Inc.
SOURCE Hydro Ottawa Holding Inc.
For further information: Daniel Séguin, Manager, Media and Public Affairs, Hydro Ottawa, Tel: 613-738-5499 ext. 2345, [email protected]