OTTAWA, Feb. 4, 2016 /CNW/ - For the eighth consecutive year, Hydro Ottawa has been recognized as one of the National Capital Region's Top Employers.
Employees at Hydro Ottawa make a meaningful contribution every day in powering the lives of Hydro Ottawa customers and the community they serve. Employee engagement initiatives that foster innovation and open communication, extensive community involvement and volunteer opportunities, and a focus on maintaining a prepared, diverse and sustainable workforce are all key to the company's success.
For more information about Hydro Ottawa's selection, visit the National Capital Region's Top Employers website at www.canadastop100.com/ottawa.
- The annual editorial competition, which forms part of Canada's Top 100 Employers, recognizes the region's most exceptional places to work by identifying those employers that lead in attracting and retaining employees.
- A blue-ribbon academic Advisory Board made of distinguished panel members, drawn from universities across Canada oversees the selection criteria for each year's competition.
- Employers are compared to other organizations in their field to determine which offers the most progressive and forward-thinking programs.
- 2015 marked Hydro Ottawa's most successful United Way workplace campaign. Employee donations and corporate matching dollars raised a record-breaking $281,485. Since 2001, Hydro Ottawa's workplace campaigns have raised more than $2 million for United Way Ottawa.
- Every employee is provided with one day a year to volunteer, whether for a company-sponsored event or a charity of their choice.
- Numerous employee wellness programs complement a comprehensive benefit plan that takes care of employees and their families.
- Hydro Ottawa's award-winning 'Prime Time' initiative is a key program to engaging older workers and retirees by keeping them connected to the organization; ensuring the transfer of valuable knowledge from experienced employees to those starting their careers.
- In 2015, Hydro Ottawa was recognized with numerous awards including Canada's Greenest Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, Canadian HR Award for Best Talent Management Strategy, and a Best Ottawa Business Award for Human Resources Performance, among others.
"At Hydro Ottawa, our employees matter. To me, this means that we recognize the value our employees bring to our customers, our organization, and our community. I am committed to ensuring that Hydro Ottawa is an organization that attracts new talent, successfully develops and retains our current employees, and continues to recognize the significant contributions of our older workers."
- Bryce Conrad, President and Chief Executive Officer
About Hydro Ottawa
Hydro Ottawa's core businesses are delivering electricity, generating renewable power and providing energy conservation/management services. Hydro Ottawa is a community-owned, private company, delivering electricity to more than 325,000 customers in Ottawa and Casselman. It is the largest municipally-owned producer of green power in the province, with hydroelectric and landfill gas-to-energy generating facilities. Hydro Ottawa Holding Inc. (Hydro Ottawa) owns and operates two subsidiary companies, Hydro Ottawa Limited and Energy Ottawa Inc.
SOURCE Hydro Ottawa Holding Inc.
For further information: Daniel Séguin, Manager, Media and Public Affairs, Hydro Ottawa, Tel: 613-738-5499 ext. 345, firstname.lastname@example.org