OTTAWA, Aug. 16, 2018 /CNW/ - Today, Hydro Ottawa hosts its 18th Special Needs Day at the Capital Fair. Approximately 1,400 children and adults with developmental and/or physical disabilities and their caregivers will experience the sights, sounds and attractions of a day at the fair. This private event allows attendees to enjoy themselves a day before the fair opens to the public.
It is thanks to the enthusiasm and commitment of volunteers that the event remains a success year after year.
- This special day features live entertainment, karaoke, a petting zoo, a barbecue lunch, and midway rides.
- Guests get to experience all the sights and sounds of the fair along with the benefits of smaller crowds, reduced-speed midway rides, and volunteers to help guests on and off the rides.
- Hydro Ottawa recognizes the important role volunteers play in creating a strong, supportive community.
- More than 40 Hydro Ottawa employees are volunteering their time to ensure the safety and well-being of the guests during the event. Volunteers help direct traffic, assist guests on and off the rides, as well as prepare and serve lunch.
"Special Needs Day holds a special place in our hearts a Hydro Ottawa. It's just one way we give back to the community we serve in a meaningful way. Our employee volunteers are what make this event possible, ensuring that it's a day our guests will treasure."
- Bryce Conrad, President and Chief Executive Officer
About Hydro Ottawa
Hydro Ottawa delivers electricity to more than 328,000 homes and businesses in Ottawa and Casselman. For 100 years, Hydro Ottawa has reliably supplied its customers with power, building and investing in the local electric grid. Proudly municipally owned, Hydro Ottawa contributes to the well-being of the community we serve. Its innovative services help customers manage their account and energy use.
SOURCE Hydro Ottawa Holding Inc.
For further information: Media contact: Rebecca Hickey, Supervisor, Media and Public Affairs, Hydro Ottawa, Tel: 613-738-5499 ext. 2345, [email protected]