OTTAWA, Nov. 12, 2014 /CNW/ - Hydro Ottawa today announced that it surpassed its fundraising goal, raising a record $246,121 for its 2014 United Way Ottawa workplace campaign.
The results were announced at Hydro Ottawa's Annual Employee Forum and Recognition Event where employees were honoured for workplace achievements and community involvement.
The funds were derived from employee donations and corporate matching dollars allocated to Hydro Ottawa's Brighter Tomorrows Fund - a community investment program designed to support frontline agencies that serve people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, to invest in energy-efficient technologies or products.
- Hydro Ottawa's United Way workplace campaigns have raised more than $1.75 million since 2001.
- In October, Hydro Ottawa announced ten local agencies that collectively received more than $132,000 from Hydro Ottawa's Brighter Tomorrows Fund and nearly $37,000 in energy conservation incentives from the province. Since 2011, the fund has invested nearly $530,000 in 50 non-profit projects.
- Hydro Ottawa's 'Show You Care. Go Paperless!" campaign runs until December 31, 2014. For every customer that signs up for the company's E-Billing program before the end of the year, Hydro Ottawa will donate $5 to its Brighter Tomorrows Fund.
"Our employees continue to amaze me with their generosity and community spirit. After more than a decade, the fact that this year's campaign is our biggest yet shows me that we have the most caring and engaged workforce. As an organization with deep roots in our community dating back more than 100 years, we understand how important the United Way's work is and that we have a vital role to play in our community to be an engaged, and responsive corporate citizen."
- Bryce Conrad, President and Chief Executive Officer, Hydro Ottawa
"Hydro Ottawa and its employees continue to show their commitment to community through the generosity of their campaign. Through employee giving, the Brighter Tomorrows Fund, and the Go Paperless initiative, Hydro Ottawa has shown it is a thoughtful and engaged philanthropic partner in everything it does."
- Michael Allen, President and CEO, United Way Ottawa
About Hydro Ottawa
Hydro Ottawa Holding Inc. (Hydro Ottawa) owns and operates two subsidiary companies, Hydro Ottawa Limited and Energy Ottawa Inc. Hydro Ottawa Limited is the third largest municipally owned electrical utility in Ontario serving more than 315,000 customers in the City of Ottawa and the Village of Casselman. Energy Ottawa Inc., Ottawa's largest producer of green power, generates renewable energy and provides commercial energy management services.
SOURCE: Hydro Ottawa Holding Inc.
For further information: Media Contact: Daniel Séguin, Manager, Media and Public Affairs, Hydro Ottawa, Tel: 613-738-5499 ext. 7684, [email protected]; www.hydroottawa.com