OTTAWA, Aug. 9, 2017 /CNW/ - Now is the chance for Hydro Ottawa customers to 'be at the heart of change'. The utility today announced its 2017 Go Paperless campaign, in which it pledges $5 to the Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO) for each customer who registers for E-Billing by December 31, 2017.
All money raised as a result of the 2017 Go Paperless campaign will help fund the purchase of a new portable Echocardiography Machine for CHEO's neonatal intensive care unit. This machine makes it possible for neonatologists to rapidly obtain the hour by hour information that can be extremely helpful in the evaluation of a critically ill neonate. This machine measures the blood pressure inside the veins, heart and arteries. It also measures blood flow and how much oxygen is in the blood.
Hydro Ottawa will also donate an additional $5 for every customer who registers for an automated payment plan by December 31, 2017.
Registering for E-Billing is fast and easy. Learn more at hydroottawa.com/gopaperless.
- The benefits of E-Billing include a reduced environmental footprint and the ability for customers to access what they need, when they need it.
- Marking its fifth and most successful campaign to date, the Go Paperless campaign raised $101,805 for CHEO in 2016.
- Last year's donation resulted in the purchase of 41 new 'paperless' monitors, aiding medical staff in measuring a patient's temperature, pulse, breathing rate and blood pressure.
"The Go Paperless campaign affords us the opportunity to support an organization that touches the people of Ottawa like no other while strengthening the environmental sustainability of our company."
- Bryce Conrad, Hydro Ottawa President and Chief Executive Officer
"Every day in CHEO's NICU, world-renowned medical care is delivered to our community's tiniest and most fragile patients. Thanks to Hydro Ottawa's Go Paperless campaign, the purchase of this vital piece of equipment will be made possible. We are so thankful to Hydro Ottawa and their customers for making such a wonderful commitment to the health and well-being of patients in need,"
- Jacqueline Belsito, VP Philanthropy and Community Engagement, CHEO Foundation.
About Hydro Ottawa
Hydro Ottawa delivers electricity to more than 328,000 homes and businesses in Ottawa and Casselman. For 100 years, Hydro Ottawa has reliably supplied its customers with power, building and investing in the local electric grid. Proudly municipally owned, Hydro Ottawa contributes to the well-being of the community we serve. Its innovative services help customers manage their account and energy use.
SOURCE Hydro Ottawa Holding Inc.
For further information: Media Contact: Daniel Séguin, Manager, Media and Public Affairs, Hydro Ottawa, Tel: 613-738-5499 ext. 345, [email protected], www.hydroottawa.com