OTTAWA, April 24, 2018 /CNW/ - At the EV/VE 2018 Conference and Trade Show in Ottawa today, Hydro Ottawa announced a partnership with Canada's largest electric vehicle (EV) charging network provider, FLO, to pilot one hundred 'level two' charging stations with residential customers in Ottawa.
The pilot project will be rolled out in the coming months, and is intended to help the utility understand residential EV demands on the electricity grid. Residential customers interested in participating in the pilot, can visit www.hydroottawa.com/ev to register.
- Hydro Ottawa will recruit pilot participants, market the pilot project and manage the installation of all charging stations for eligible participants.
- FLO will make available up to one hundred FLO Home X5 charging stations throughout the term of the pilot and provide software services; including real-time monitoring, reporting and analysis of infrastructure impacts, as well as conducting demand response events and determining integration with renewable resources.
- Hydro Ottawa is currently working with the City of Ottawa to develop a network of charging stations to support electric vehicle adoption in the city in support of its pursuit of sustainable transportation.
- Since 2012, Hydro Ottawa has been a member of Electric Mobility Canada and has participated in studying the EV landscape to learn more and to plan for the future.
- Hydro Ottawa has installed EV chargers at its busiest facilities for employees, at City Hall, the Rideau Centre and Brookstreet Hotel to name a few.
"As Ottawa's local electricity provider we are in a unique position to help accelerate the adoption of electric vehicles in Ottawa. This pilot project with FLO will allow us to learn the impacts of EVs and charging stations on our electricity grid; helping us pave the way to better support electric vehicles in Ottawa."
- Bryce Conrad, President and Chief Executive Officer, Hydro Ottawa
"Accommodating the growing demand for electric vehicle charging represents an opportunity for utilities as the majority of EV charging happens at home. The connectivity of our products allows utilities to future-proof their assets and reduce pressure on the grid. We're proud to support Ontario's Climate Change Action Plan through this initiative, and greatly look forward to working with other North American utilities to deploy similar solutions.
- Louis Tremblay, Chief Executive Officer and President, FLO
About Hydro Ottawa
Hydro Ottawa's core businesses are delivering electricity, generating renewable power and providing energy conservation/management services. Hydro Ottawa is a community-owned, private company, delivering electricity to more than 328,000 customers in Ottawa and Casselman. It is the largest municipally-owned producer of green power in the province, with hydroelectric and landfill gas-to-energy generating facilities. Hydro Ottawa Holding Inc. (Hydro Ottawa) owns and operates two subsidiary companies, Hydro Ottawa Limited and Energy Ottawa Inc.
FLO is Canada's largest electric vehicle (EV) charging network. We operate a comprehensive charging ecosystem that fulfills EV drivers' needs wherever they may be—at home, at work or on the go—by ensuring a consistently simple and seamless experience. FLO offers smart home charging solutions for both single-family houses and multi-unit residential buildings, as well as access to thousands of public charging stations across the country. FLO also provides turnkey solutions to property managers, business owners, employers and municipal administrators who wish to support EV adoption by supplying charging services. FLO is a subsidiary company of AddEnergie, a North American leader in electric vehicle charging solutions.
SOURCE Hydro Ottawa Holding Inc.
For further information: Media Contacts, Daniel Séguin, Manager, Media and Public Affairs, Hydro Ottawa, Tel: 613-738-5499 ext. 2345, firstname.lastname@example.org; Simon Granger, Head of Content and Communications, FLO, Tel: 514-220-0108, email@example.com