TORONTO, June 12, 2015 /CNW/ - It was a banner day at Hudson's Bay Company's (HBC) 14th Annual Charity Golf Tournament and Spa, in support of the HBC Foundation and Lord & Taylor (LT) Foundation. The sold-out event raised more than $600,000 for this year's charitable beneficiaries - the Canadian Olympic Foundation and Dress for Success New York. The event brought together vendors, partners, HBC associates, and volunteers, as well as celebrity athletes, including former Toronto Blue Jays player, Devon White; Hockey Hall of Fame inductee, Paul Coffey; former NHL captain, Shayne Corson, former NFL player, Tim Brown, and Canada's most decorated cyclist and chef de mission for the 2015 Pan Am Games, Curt Harnett, to help raise funds for these very worthy causes. Also on hand to greet golfers and pose for photos with guests were Canadian Olympic and Paralympic athletes:
- Natalie Mastracci, (Rowing): 2012 London Olympics, Silver
- Zsofia Balasz, (Swimming): 2007 Pan Am Athlete, Silver; 2012 London Olympian
- Katrina Cameron, (Gymnastics): 2011 Pan Am Athlete, Silver; 2012 London Olympian; 2015 Pan Am and 2016 Rio Olympics hopeful
- Gavin Smellie, (Athletics): 2012 London Olympian; 2015 Pan Am and 2016 Rio Olympics hopeful
- Tremaine Harris, (Athletics): 2011 Pan Am Athlete; 2012 London Olympian; 2015 Pan Am and 2016 Rio Olympics hopeful
- Shai-Anne David, (Athletics): 2015 Pan Am and 2016 Rio Olympics hopeful
- Korey Jarvis, (Wrestling): 2011 Pan Am Athlete; Commonwealth Games, Gold; 2016 Rio Olympics hopeful; 2015 Pan Am Athlete
- Mark Oldershaw, (Canoe/Kayak): 2015 Pan Am and 2016 Rio Olympics hopeful
- Chelsey Gotwell, (Swimming): Three-time Paralympian, 12-time Paralympic Medalist
- Jamey Jewells, (Wheelchair Basketball): 2015 World Champion; 2015 Parapan Am Athlete
- Katie Harnock, (Wheelchair Basketball): 2015 World Champion; 2015 Parapan Am Athlete
"HBC's Annual Charity Golf Tournament and Spa is a fantastic endeavour, because it brings together not just HBC associates but so many of our vendors, suppliers and partners to work toward a common goal. This one-day event allows us to raise much-needed funds to support worthy causes, including our commitment to help Canadian athletes' achieve their dreams of reaching the Olympic podium," said Jerry Storch, Chief Executive Officer, Hudson's Bay Company. "On behalf of HBC, I'd like to extend a warm thank you to all of the vendors and sponsors involved in the event for making this day such a success year after year."
This year's funds will help support Canadian athletes as they prepare for the 2016 Summer Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. In addition, through the LT Foundation, proceeds collected from the Company's American vendors and partners will be directed to Dress for Success, New York, which promotes economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support and career development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.
Since its inception, HBC's Charity Golf Tournament and Spa has raised nearly $9 million for a range of charities and initiatives in North America. For more information about the HBC Foundation, visit hbc.com.
About Hudson's Bay Company
Hudson's Bay Company, founded in 1670, is North America's oldest company. Today, HBC offers customers a range of retailing categories and shopping experiences primarily in the United States and Canada. Our leading banners – Hudson's Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue and Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5TH – offer a compelling assortment of apparel, accessories, shoes, beauty and home merchandise. Hudson's Bay is Canada's most prominent department store with 90 full-line locations, two outlet stores and thebay.com. Lord & Taylor operates 50 full-line locations primarily in the northeastern and mid-Atlantic U.S., four Lord & Taylor outlet locations and lordandtaylor.com. Saks Fifth Avenue, one of the world's pre-eminent luxury specialty retailers, comprises 39 U.S. stores, five international licensed stores and saks.com. OFF 5TH offers value-oriented merchandise through 83 U.S. stores and saksoff5th.com. The Company also operates Home Outfitters, Canada's largest kitchen, bed and bath specialty superstore with 67 locations. Hudson's Bay Company trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol "HBC".
SOURCE Hudson's Bay
Image with caption: "Hudson’s Bay Company Swings Big at Charity Golf Tournament and Spa to Raise more than $600,000 for its Foundation Beneficiaries (CNW Group/Hudson's Bay)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20150612_C4275_PHOTO_EN_18016.jpg
For further information: MEDIA CONTACT: Tiffany Bourré, Director, External Communications, Hudson's Bay Company, Phone: (905) 595-7184, Email: [email protected]