VANCOUVER, Sept. 11, 2018 /CNW/ - HSBC Advance is a smart collection of flexible banking services which includes a chequing account with a unique new feature: The $25 monthly fee1 is waived when customers have combined personal deposits and investments totaling $5,000 or more2 with HSBC. This fresh take on a monthly chequing account fee waiver includes personal savings, chequing, deposit, RSP, mutual fund, TFSAs and HSBC InvestDirect accounts in the customer's minimum balance calculations. The monthly fee is also waived for customers who hold a personal mortgage with an original amount of $150,000 or more with HSBC.
Barry Gollom, Senior Vice President Products and Client Experience of Retail Banking and Wealth Management at HSBC Bank Canada, said: "We are taking premium 'all-in-one' banking to a whole new level. While most banks' require customers to maintain a minimum balance in their chequing account to qualify for waived monthly banking fees, HSBC Advance offers greater flexibility by allowing our customers to bundle their personal deposits and investments."
HSBC Advance includes:
- Unlimited day-to-day Advance chequing account transactions including, free withdrawals and deposits at HSBC branches, free Interac e-transfers, mobile cheque deposit and Apple Pay
- Complimentary, no-annual fee MasterCard with $150 spend bonus
- Free ATM withdrawals from your Advance chequing account at any HSBC or EXCHANGE® Network ATMs (over 3,300 locations across Canada)
- 5 rebates/month of ATM convenience fees when using a non-HSBC Canada or non- Exchange Network ATMs ($2.00 maximum per transaction)
- Automatically qualify for $6.88 commissions for North American equity trades with HSBC InvestDirect3
- Convenient online money transfer between your personal HSBC accounts in over 30 countries4
- $0 transfer fees on foreign exchange wires: HSBC Advance customers can send up to $10,000 via foreign exchange wire with no HSBC transfer fees.5
"With this innovative approach to chequing account fees HSBC Advance customers can now save hundreds of dollars each year on monthly banking fees while also saving and investing for the future. This is another example of how we are working to keep our customers at the centre of everything we do," added Mr. Gollom.
Notes to editors:
- Subject to terms and conditions. See full details: https://www.hsbc.ca/1/2/personal/banking/hsbc-advance/offer-landing%20-%20dis-2
- Includes savings, chequing, deposit, RSP, mutual fund, TFSA and HSBC InvestDirect6 balances at HSBC Bank Canada or its subsidiaries.
- Full terms and conditions: https://www.hsbc.ca/1/2/personal/investing/products-and-services/self-directed-investing/rates-commissions/north-american-trading-commissions
- Global View and Global Transfers are not available in all countries and territories where HSBC Premier and HSBC Advance are offered. A full list of available countries and a demo can be viewed online. For more information and full terms and conditions, visit: http://www.hsbc.ca/1/2/personal/banking/ways-to-bank/gvgt
- The fee for sending wire transfers valued under $10k CAD equivalent from HSBC Bank Canada personal accounts is waived if the currency of the wire is different from the account currency. The CAD equivalent is determined at the time the transfer is processed. Exchange rate will apply; transfers may incur agency and/or beneficiary bank fees. For more information visit: https://www.hsbc.ca/1/2/personal/banking/ways-to-bank/personal-internet-banking/wire-transfers and/or refer to the Personal Service Charges/Statement of Disclosure for full details regarding your account(s).
- HSBC InvestDirect is a division of HSBC Securities (Canada) Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of, but separate entity from, HSBC Bank Canada. HSBC Securities (Canada) Inc. is a Member of the Canadian Investor Protection Fund. HSBC InvestDirect does not provide investment advice or recommendations regarding any investment decisions or securities transactions.
HSBC Bank Canada
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the leading international bank in the country. We help companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management. Canada is a priority market for the HSBC Group – one of the world's largest banking and financial services groups with assets of US$2,607bn at 30 June 2018. Linked by advanced technology, HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,800 offices in 66 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa. For more information visit www.hsbc.ca or follow us on Twitter: @hsbc_ca or Facebook: @HSBCCanada
SOURCE HSBC Bank Canada
For further information: Media enquiries: Sharon Wilks, 416-868-3878, firstname.lastname@example.org; Caroline Creighton, 416-868-8282, email@example.com
About HSBC Bank Canada HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the leading international bank in the country. We help companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management. Canada is a priority market for the HSBC...