TORONTO, Sept. 18, 2013 /CNW/ - ResumeTarget.com has created an infographic to turn the mind-numbing process of resume writing into a finely-tuned skill that will help you climb the corporate ladder.
The infographic explains what to do, and also puts the tips into practice with an example to follow. The image size is 720 and 5808. You can view the infographic and receive the embed code at:
A professional resume is completely different from the one used to land an entry-level role, and most people don't know how to bring themselves up to that level. ResumeTarget.com has worked with professionals across North America for the last 14 years, to help them land their next role. They have now created an infographic to outline the DO'S and DON'TS for writing a resume for an $80,000+ role.
Infographic Fact Points:
- Do not use an objective statement because it is outdated and ineffective - use a branding statement instead
- Branding statements show the unique value that you have to offer the organization
- Recruiters spend only 6 seconds reviewing an applicant's resume before deciding to read further or to trash it
- The likelihood of a person screening your resume goes up in proportion with the importance of the position
- Don't go back further than 10 years in your career history - the world has changed drastically in the last decade so what you did 10 years ago has no bearing on your role today
- Outline your achievements, not your duties and responsibilities - ask yourself these questions:
- Have you introduced a new system?
- Cut Costs?
- Managed during a time of cutbacks?
- Did your company's market share increase while you were in the position?
- Include relevant community involvement that reflects skills from your career
- Karate master? Shows dedication and follow-through
- Big Brother? Shows you're a good mentor
- Competed in high level of sports? Shows you can overcome adversity and compete
- Don't discuss irrelevant hobbies like your pet dog
ResumeTarget.com provides professional resume writing services for students, entry-levels, mid-careers, professionals and executives. We are the only company that offers a professionally written resume coupled with the guidance of recruiters, to guarantee your resume will get results.
SOURCE: Resume Target
For further information:
Nikki Gill, Media Relations