Honda Civic maintains early lead in compact segment
MARKHAM, ON, March 3, 2014 /CNW/ - Combined February sales of 8,796 units by the Honda and Acura divisions of Honda Canada Inc. represented a 12% increase over last year's sales. The Honda Automobile Division reported February sales of 7,825 units, up 14% over last year. The Acura Division reported February sales of 971 units, virtually flat versus last year.
"As winter showed no signs of mercy, Canadians continued to support Honda's wide selection of reliable trucks, including CR-V, Odyssey, Pilot and AJAC award-winning MDX," said Dave Gardner, vice president of sales and marketing, Honda Canada Inc. "Additionally, after two months of sales, the refreshed 2014 Honda Civic has struck a chord with Canadians and maintains its early lead in the competitive compact segment year to date."
- Honda Civic was up 11% over the same period last year with 3,071 units sold, holding its position as the number one selling passenger car in Canada on a YTD basis (versus 2,777 units sold in the same period last year)
- Honda CR-V sales were up 39% over the same period last year (versus 1,594 units sold in 2013)
- Honda Pilot had its best February with 414 sales (a 29% jump over the same period last year)
- Honda Odyssey sales were up 17% over last year with 654 units sold
- Acura business was led by 349 delivered units of the RDX
- Sales of the MDX, AJAC's 'Best New SUV over $60,000', were up 86% over last year (versus 165 units sold in 2013)
|HONDA CANADA INC.||HONDA CANADA INC.|
|RETAIL SALES - MTD||RETAIL SALES - YTD|
|MODEL||2014||2013||% Change||Model||2014||2013||% Change|
|HONDA division||7,825||6,873||13.9%||HONDA division||14,645||13,084||11.9%|
|ACURA division||971||950||2.2%||ACURA division||1,883||1,959||-3.9%|
|Honda Canada Inc.||8,796||7,823||12.4%||Honda Canada Inc.||16,528||15,043||9.9%|
SOURCE: Honda Canada Inc.
For further information:
Maki Inoue (905) 888-4416