Honda small cars see exponential growth
MARKHAM, ON, Nov. 1, 2013 /CNW/ - Combined October sales of 15,302 units by the Honda and Acura divisions of Honda Canada Inc. represented a 14% increase over last year's sales, marking best October monthly sales since 2002. The Honda Automobile Division reported October sales of 13,770 units, up 19% over last year, which also set an all-time October monthly sales record. The Acura Division reported October sales of 1,532 units, down 19% over last year.
"Honda Canada Inc. surpassed an eleven-year-old October monthly sales record this month, which was bolstered by double digit growth of Honda Automobile Division's small cars, Fit and Civic," said Dave Gardner, vice president of sales and marketing, Honda Canada Inc. "Civic sales of 6,852 units in October breaks an eight-year-old all-time October monthly sales record and holds the model as the number one selling passenger car in Canada on a year-to-date basis. Our loyal Acura customers continue to support the recently-crowned IIHS Top Safety Pick luxury sport utility vehicles, as both MDX and RDX saw strong sales in October. We are looking forward to continued sales momentum in the last push of 2013."
- Honda Canada Inc. exceeded the 11-year-old October monthly sales record set in 2002, with 15,302 units sold (versus 14,982 units)
- Honda Automobile Division broke the 11-year-old October monthly sales record with 13,770 units sold (versus 13,061 units)
- Honda Civic was up 36% over the same period last year with 6,852 units sold, surpassing an eight-year-old October monthly sales record and continues to hold its position as the number one selling passenger car in Canada on a YTD basis (6,852 units sold versus 6,812 units sold in 2005)
- Honda Accord had very strong sales of 1,550 units, keeping pace with the same period last year
- Honda Fit had great sales of 891 units sold versus 461 units in the same period last year (up 93%)
- Honda Odyssey sales increased by 20% over the same period last year (942 units versus 784 units)
- Acura business was led by 556 delivered units of the RDX, topping its previous best October of 480 units in 2012 (up 16%)
- The all-new Acura MDX also keeps pace with October 2012 sales
|HONDA CANADA INC.||HONDA CANADA INC.|
|RETAIL SALES - MTD||RETAIL SALES - YTD|
|MODEL||2013||2012||% Change||Model||2013||2012||% Change|
|HONDA division||13,770||11,590||18.8%||HONDA division||121,431||109,276||11.1%|
|ACURA division||1,532||1,887||-18.8%||ACURA division||15,761||13,793||14.3%|
|Honda Canada Inc.||15,302||13,477||13.5%||Honda Canada Inc.||137,192||123,069||11.5%|
SOURCE: Honda Canada Inc.
For further information:
Maki Inoue (905) 888-4416