Honda Civic maintains first quarter lead in compact segment
Honda Pilot and Acura RDX set best ever March sales records
MARKHAM, ON, April 1, 2014 /CNW/ - Combined March sales of 15,292 units by the Honda and Acura divisions of Honda Canada Inc. represented a 6% increase over last year's sales. The Honda Automobile Division reported March sales of 13,454 units, up 5% over last year. The Acura Division reported March sales of 1,838 units, up 6% versus last year.
"Honda's strong line-up of versatile utility vehicles proved to be attractive to Canadians in March, as Fit, CR-V, Odyssey, Pilot, Ridgeline and RDX saw monthly sales gains," said Dave Gardner, vice president of sales and marketing, Honda Canada Inc. "Additionally, the refreshed 2014 Honda Civic closes the first quarter as the leader in the competitive compact segment and we look forward to a strong Spring selling season."
- Honda Civic hold its position as the number one selling passenger car in Canada through the first quarter of 2014
- Honda Fit monthly sales were up 25% versus the same period last year
- Honda CR-V sales were up 12% over the same period last year (versus 2,777 units sold in 2013)
- Honda Odyssey sales increased by 14% versus the same period last year
- Honda Pilot sales increased by 34% over the same period last year (395 units sold in 2013), setting an all-time March record
- Honda Ridgeline saw monthly sales growth of 42% versus the same period last year
- Acura business was led by 634 delivered units of the RDX, breaking an all-time March monthly sales record
|HONDA CANADA INC.||HONDA CANADA INC.|
|RETAIL SALES - MTD||RETAIL SALES - YTD|
|MODEL||2014||2013||% Change||Model||2014||2013||% Change|
|HONDA division||13,454||12,769||5.4%||HONDA division||28,099||25,853||8.7%|
|ACURA division||1,838||1,728||6.4%||ACURA division||3,721||3,687||0.9%|
|Honda Canada Inc.||15,292||14,497||5.5%||Honda Canada Inc.||31,820||29,540||7.7%|
SOURCE: Honda Canada Inc.
For further information:
Maki Inoue (905) 888-4416