TORONTO, Nov. 17, 2014 /CNW/ - A top-seller in the U.S., the Wolfgang Puck Pressure Oven makes its debut in Canada in time for the holidays. The famed celebrity chef devoted more than two years in developing the oven which is based on Flavor Infusion Technology™ where a moisture-sealed, low-pressurized chamber infuses heat, flavour and moisture into food. Puck's system has two settings, Pressure Mode that allows the chamber to lock in heat and moisture under low-pressure and Standard Mode, which transforms it into a traditional conventional oven while using a fraction of the energy. In Pressure Mode, the Oven concentrates flavours, making it virtually impossible to dry out or ruin food while cooking up to 70% faster. The result is the most moist, delicious meals possible. An innovative appliance for the preparation of memorable holiday meals, the Wolfgang Puck Pressure Oven speeds up roasting, baking, broiling, toasting and creates some of the juiciest meats and perfectly cooked flavourful vegetables people are likely to find outside of one of his gourmet restaurants.
Introducing the Wolfgang Puck Pressure Oven to Canadian homes is Thane Direct, a Toronto-based consumer products giant responsible for a number of appliance, home care, fitness and beauty products that have become household names, including the popular H2O Mop. Offered at a manufacturer suggested price of $264.99, the Wolfgang Puck Pressure Oven will be available at the beginning of December at Bed, Bath & Beyond along with other retailers.
Speaking of holiday meals, here is the recipe for Glazed Holiday Ham, courtesy of the Wolfgang Puck Pressure Oven recipe book.
Glazed Holiday Ham©
1 bone-in shank-end whole smoked ham (6-7 pounds)
1 cup ketchup
1 cup yellow mustard
1 cup packed light brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 300°F and set the function to ROAST.
- If ham is very tall you may need to trim a slice off some of the bottom to make it fit the oven.
- Place ham in the roasting pan and, with a sharp knife, score the surface of the meat about 1/4-inch deep in a 1-inch diamond pattern.
- Cover ham tightly with aluminum foil.
- Place ham in oven and pour 1 cup of water in drip pan with broil rack inserted (this creates the steam) then place in bottom position.
- Set the Vent Release Valve to SEAL and lower Sealing Lever to the SEAL position.
Set the timer to 1 hour
- When time is up turn pressure valve to VENT and slowly raise pressure bar.
- Remove ham and remove and discard foil.
- In a small bowl stir together the ketchup, mustard and brown sugar.
- Brush half of ketchup mixture over ham and return to oven.
- Adjust temperature to 450°F and ROAST.
- Turn pressure valve to SEAL and lower Sealing Lever.
- Set timer to 10 minutes. When time is up turn the Vent Release Valve to VENT and wait for all air to escape. After vented slowly raise Sealing Lever and press the Door Release Button to open the Door.
- Remove and let rest for 10 minutes before carving and serving with remaining ketchup mixture or glaze.
Image with caption: "The Wolfgang Puck Pressure Oven - Ready to come to your home for the holidays from Thane Direct (CNW Group/Thane Direct)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20141117_C6625_PHOTO_EN_8164.jpg
SOURCE: Thane Direct
For further information: David Syatt, SSA Public Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org, (818) 907-0500