Travel expert Angie Campanelli encourages Canadians to choose a family-friendly hotel to make the most of vacation time
TORONTO, Aug. 2, 2017 /CNW/ - Nothing puts a smile on kids' faces like a new travel adventure, and Holiday Inn®, an InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) hotel, along with travel expert Angie Campanelli, wants guests of all ages to feel that same sense of joy this summer. A recent study commissioned by the Holiday Inn brand found 44 per cent of Canadians said that guest room facilities had that biggest impact on their hotel experience and happiness when travelling. Having the right room options and amenities, along with warm, friendly service, are especially important for families traveling together, which is why the Holiday Inn brand is sharing tips and tricks to bring smiles to the faces of the whole family.
Jonathan Lund, Regional Vice President, Franchise Performance Support, IHG Canada, says: "Our goal at Holiday Inn is to make every moment matter so every guest has an enjoyable experience and leaves with a smile. Whether it's dining at our on-site restaurants where Kids Eat Free™, enjoying a fun-filled pool day, or relaxing in one of our spacious guest suites, our hotels truly put the joy in travel and leave a positive lasting impact on guests."
Angie Campanelli, Family Travel Expert, says: "I am a true believer that travel is the key to a happy life; however, as a mother of three, I have also learned how stressful travelling can be. In fact, the Holiday Inn study found that Canadian women were four times as likely as men to be happiest while planning their trip and less likely to be happiest on the trip itself as compared to men. A lot of women I know end up feeling exhausted or disappointed when they come back from vacation, but this can be avoided by making smart choices."
Inspired by her many travel experiences across the globe with her husband and children, Angie Campanelli shares her top five tips for optimizing vacation happiness for Canadian families:
- Choose the right hotel: Whenever I travel with my kids, I spend time doing thorough research into our hotel options to make sure the one we choose is family-friendly. Holiday Inn hotels are the perfect choice when travelling with kids because of their welcoming service and the many amenities they offer. Kids Eat Free™ at their on-site restaurant and the kid's menu ensures your picky eaters are full and happy throughout their stay. The indoor or outdoor pool at all their locations is a huge plus, providing family fun regardless of the season. The staff is friendly and helpful, so I can relax and enjoy my vacation.
- Book the right room: As the study showed, hotel rooms have a huge impact on happiness. I couldn't agree more that choosing the right room makes the world of a difference. If you're travelling with young children and want some privacy for nap and bedtime, check to see if bedroom suites are available to ensure the whole family is comfortable and happy. At Holiday Inn hotels, you even have the option of asking for a crib in the room if you're travelling with an infant.
- Travel during the week: In addition to choosing the right hotel and amenities, choosing the right time to travel is just as important. If your family has the luxury of travelling during the week – do it! Hotels are often quieter during the week, which means more room selection, more flexibility and ultimately, less stress. There's nothing better than having a full buffet breakfast to yourself or private pool day for you and your family!
- Be App-y: If you are travelling by plane or on the road for long periods of time, make sure there are plenty of snacks and some form of entertainment for your children. There's no need to stress yourself out packing oversized toys and games. Grab a few books, and a smart device loaded with kid-friendly apps and games. If you choose a hotel with free Wi-Fi like Holiday Inn hotels, they can even use their devices during downtime on the trip.
- Get a kids-eye view: The survey also found that more than half (61 per cent) of Canadians said sharing stories and photos with family and friends gives them the most enjoyment after their vacation ends. What better way to look back on your travels and extend that vacation happiness than by re-living your trip through your children's eyes? I love to arm my kids with kid-friendly cameras so they can snap their surroundings and document their favourite moments. I find their candid photos are often the ones we cherish most when looking back.
The Canada travel survey supports the Holiday Inn brand's Smiles Ahead campaign, which celebrates how the brand delivers the joy of travel to all through an unparalleled service culture. The campaign underscores the brand's priority and personal promise to go above and beyond to make guests' stays even more memorable than expected.
The research practice of Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada, Perspectives+, was commissioned by the Holiday Inn brand to conduct an online study of Canadians 18 years of age and older. In total 987 Canadians were surveyed between the dates of June 12-15, 2017. In order to ensure representativeness, the results of this study have been weighted to known population parameters for age, gender and region.
About the Holiday Inn® Brand
The Holiday Inn® brand, which offers nearly 1,250 hotels and resorts worldwide, has helped millions of travelers discover the joy of travel since its inception in 1952. Designed to meet the needs of both business and leisure travelers, Holiday Inn hotels deliver memorable experiences through warm and welcoming service, contemporary design that blends the familiar with the new, and a sense of comfort unique to the brand and its iconic green sign. At Holiday Inn hotels, guests can find amenities to help them work and play, including full-service restaurants where Kids Eat Free, meeting and business facilities, bright swimming pools and comfortable lounges all designed to help guests relax and refresh, making travel more enjoyable for all. For more information about the Holiday Inn brand, visit www.holidayinn.com or call 1-888-HOLIDAY. Find us on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/holidayinn or Facebook www.Facebook.com/holidayinnhotels.
IHG® (InterContinental Hotels Group) [LON:IHG, NYSE:IHG (ADRs)] is a global organisation with a broad portfolio of hotel brands, including InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants, Hotel Indigo®, EVEN® Hotels, HUALUXE® Hotels and Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn® Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites® and Candlewood Suites®.
IHG franchises, leases, manages or owns nearly 5,200 hotels and 770,000 guest rooms in almost 100 countries, with nearly 1,500 hotels in its development pipeline. IHG also manages IHG® Rewards Club, the world's first and largest hotel loyalty programme, with more than 100 million enrolled members worldwide.
InterContinental Hotels Group PLC is the Group's holding company and is incorporated in Great Britain and registered in England and Wales. More than 350,000 people work across IHG's hotels and corporate offices globally.
Visit www.ihg.com for hotel information and reservations and www.ihgrewardsclub.com for more on IHG Rewards Club. For our latest news, visit: www.ihgplc.com/media and follow us on social media at: www.twitter.com/ihg, www.facebook.com/ihg and www.youtube.com/ihgplc.
SOURCE Holiday Inn
For further information: Michelle Dias, IHG Canada, Michelle.firstname.lastname@example.org, 416-886-4873; Raquel Amaral, Hill+Knowlton Strategies, Raquel.email@example.com, 416-413-4634