Submissions for the 2014 JUNO Awards open TUESDAY, OCTOBER 1
TORONTO, Sept. 26, 2013 /CNW/ - Mark your calendars! The Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (CARAS) announced today that submissions for the 2014 JUNO Awards will open on October 1. JUNO Week will be held in Winnipeg, MB, March 24-30, 2014.
Important Dates to Remember:
Submissions for the 2014 JUNO Awards open October 1, 2013. Apply online at www.junosubmissions.ca
- Early-bird deadline (to receive discounted submission rates) - October 23, 2013 by 5:00 pm (EST)
- Final submission deadline for all categories - November 13, 2013 by 5:00 pm (EST)
- Final submission deadline for International Album of the Year and Album of the Year (sponsored by Music Canada) - January 7, 2014 by 5:00 pm (EST)
Eligibility for the 2014 JUNO Awards applies to music released for national sale between September 1, 2012 and November 13, 2013. For a complete list of JUNO Awards categories, eligibility rules, and voting criteria go to www.junoawards.ca/submissions.
Along with the announcement of submission dates and deadlines, CARAS has also introduced changes to three categories:
- JUNO Fan Choice Award (presented by TD) - The nominees will now be determined by 50% sales and 50% Next Big Sound (NBS). After extensive research, NBS was chosen as the replacement for BuzzMetrics. Next Big Sound will use online music analytics and insights to measure growth and popularity of artists and bands across social networks and streaming services.
- Breakthrough Artist and Breakthrough Group of the Year (both sponsored by FACTOR and Radio Starmaker) - Nominees will now be determined by 50% sales and 50% CARAS Member vote. Previously, it was determined by sales and judge vote.
SOURCE: JUNO Awards
For further information:
For more information on CARAS and the JUNO Awards, contact: