TORONTO, Feb. 8, 2012 /CNW/ - Heineken® is helping ignite romance this Valentine's Day with the launch of a fun new Facebook application called 'The Serenade'. Based on the brand's second film from its global Open Your World campaign, called "The Date", the new app enables Heineken consumers to send humorous personalized songs to potential partners, inviting them on a date. Available in twenty languages, 'The Serenade' is designed to put love in the air and smiles on faces around the world. Millions of adult consumers across the globe will be able to participate and create their own Serenade songs via Heineken®'s Facebook page.
"The Serenade' celebrates and encourages aspirational behaviours among adult consumers. It follows the recent launch of 'The Date', which celebrates a man taking a woman on a legendary date, set to the catchy 1960's Bollywood track, Jaan Pehechaan Ho by Mohammed Rafi. Through the app the same band that appeared in the ad will create songs for Heineken® fans.
"The Serenade is designed to take some of the stress out of asking a partner to go on a date. It's fun, interactive and guaranteed to make an impression" said William Forbes, Sr. Brand Manager Heineken. "We are committed to connecting with our adult consumers both on and offline. The Serenade is one more positive example of how we are doing this."
Co-developed with advertising agency Wieden+Kennedy Amsterdam, consumers can create their own fully personalized Serenade for a date in just 4 clicks. Once shared via the Facebook wall, it's all about waiting to see whether they will receive a Yes or No from their Date. With a total of 640 different Serenades available, consumers should be able to find the legendary Serenade that will bring them romance. Mark Bernath, Executive Creative Director from W+K Amsterdam comments, "In a way, we want people to be in the films we make. The idea of giving our drinkers the band from the spot to help them ask someone out is our way to make that happen for real. Let's hope we make a load of offers that can't be refused."
On Thursday 9 February, HEINEKEN will host "Serenade Live", an 8-hour YouTube event, during which individuals around the world will get the chance to serenade the object of their heart's desire live online, which will hopefully lead to a host of many successful dates.
* To start serenading click here: www.Facebook.com/Heineken
* Twitter: @Heineken, #Serenade, #SerenadeLive
* Individuals must first select "Who" they would like to take on a date, "Why" they want to go out with them, and then decide "What" they want to do on their Legendary Date, and of course explain why their chosen Date should step out with them - "Why Me". These choices will define the personalised legendary Serenade that will be sent to the lucky Date, which is created immediately and completed with personal name details.
* All the Serenades - on the app and at Serenade Live - will be performed by Paul "Kiss" Kissaun, the same artists and band featured in "The Date" campaign. The song in "The Date"film, Jaan Pehechaan Ho", was originally written and performed by Mohammed Rafi.
* To watch The Date: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57zo8O5pDXc
The Heineken brand bearing the founder's family name - Heineken - is available in almost every country around the globe, and it is the world's most valuable international premium beer brand. Additional information is available on http://www.heineken.com and on http://www.theHEINEKENcompany.com/presscentre.
Video with caption: "Video: Heineken® is helping ignite romance this Valentine's Day with the launch of a fun new Facebook application called 'The Serenade'.". Video available at: http://stream1.newswire.ca/cgi-bin/playback.cgi?file=20120208_C2308_VIDEO_EN_9798.mp4&posterurl=http://photos.newswire.ca/images/20120208_C2308_PHOTO_EN_9798.jpg&clientName=Heineken&caption=Video%3A%20Heineken%26%23174%3B%20is%20helping%20ignite%20romance%20this%20Valentine%27s%20Day%20with%20the%20launch%20of%20a%20fun%20new%20Facebook%20application%20called%20%27The%20Serenade%27%2E&title=The%20Serenade&headline=Heineken%26%23174%3B%20serenades%20on%20Valentine%27s%20Day
For further information:
416.960.5100 ext. 251