TORONTO, Nov. 4, 2015 /CNW/ - HealthAchieve comes to a close today with a keynote from four-time successful tech entrepreneur, Josh Linkner, and participation from Dr. Eric Hoskins, Minister of Health and Long-Term Care. The session will deliver practical tools that can be used immediately to increase creative output and deliver bottom-line results. [9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Room 106 & 107, MTCC]
Also on the agenda for today, attendees will learn first-hand perspectives on emerging directions for the Health System Funding Reform (HSFR) as it moves forward in advancing quality care for Ontarians. [7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m., Room 206 BDF, MTCC]
The Ontario Hospital Association has been actively engaged with the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care on this issue and will continue to play a leadership role moving forward. The recently announced strategy includes the creation of a new HSFR governance structure which will address key priority areas in HSFR implementation, including:
- Ensuring transparency in decision-making
- Overseeing the HSFR evaluation and subsequent action-plans
- Building the quality overlay into our funding models
- Overseeing the implementation of key Health-Based Allocation Model (HBAM) enhancements
- Guiding future decisions regarding Quality-Based Procedures (QBPs) and integrated care models
- Leading practice on clinical engagement and Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care update on Integrated Funding Models
For more information, please visit www.healthachieve.com.
One of the largest and most prestigious health care gatherings in North America, HealthAchieve aims to inspire ideas and innovation with over 50 informative and engaging educational sessions along with an award-winning exhibit floor, where close to 300 exhibitors will showcase the latest health care products, services and technologies. HealthAchieve attracts more than 6,000 health care and business leaders from around the world for learning, networking, benchmarking and sharing best practices. Learn more about HealthAchieve online at http://www.HealthAchieve.com.
Image with caption: "HealthAchieve (CNW Group/HEALTHACHIEVE)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20151104_C8880_PHOTO_EN_532550.jpg