Keynote speakers include Col. Chris Hadfield, Hélène Campbell, Sir Ken Robinson and more
TORONTO, Oct. 29, 2013 /CNW/ - HealthAchieve, the preeminent gathering for health care leaders in Canada will take place at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre running November 4th - 6th. Featuring high-profile speakers from around the world, and a tradeshow floor full of the most innovative companies in health care, HealthAchieve will offer health leaders the opportunity to step outside of their day-to-day routine and expand the thinking on how health care is delivered in Canada.
"HealthAchieve is where leaders in health care and technology come to learn, share and evolve," says Warren DiClemente, Chief Operating Officer and Vice President, Educational Services, Ontario Hospital Association. "We want to create an environment that will set the seed for future health care transformation."
As the signature event of the Ontario Hospital Association, HealthAchieve brings together some of the brightest minds that will challenge the way we think about health care. HealthAchieve 2013 will feature Col. Chris Hadfield, the man who infused a sense of wonder into a generation of Canadians; Hélène Campbell, the young woman who has been an inspiration in the face of adversity; and Sir Ken Robinson, internationally acclaimed expert on creativity and innovation.
With close to 300 exhibitors, the tradeshow floor will feature health care products and companies from around the globe. The popular 'New Product Showcase' will highlight the newest innovative health care products available in the marketplace, and for the first year ever, a 'Health Care Community Capital Project Display' will feature 12 Ontario health care facilities that have undergone significant redevelopment, and which demonstrate Canada as a leader in delivering health care.
HealthAchieve 2013 will feature speakers from across many disciplines bringing a unique perspective on health including:
- Colonel Chris Hadfield: In his passionate and illuminating talk, Hadfield imparts the useful and practical lessons he's learned throughout his remarkable career in the fields of leadership, teamwork, collaboration, science and technology, and motivates audiences to achieve dreams higher than the clouds.
- Hélène Campbell: The young woman who caught the attention of international leaders and celebrities as the feisty double lung transplant recipient will be leading a session on being the CEO of her own health care. Her continued advocacy for the cause of organ and tissue donation triggered an unprecedented rise in registration to donor lists in Canada and the USA.
- Sir Ken Robinson: Internationally recognized leader in the development of education, creativity and innovation. The videos of his famous 2006 and 2010 TED Talks have been seen by an estimated 200 million people in over 150 countries. At HealthAchieve Sir Robinson will identify the three myths about innovation that hold many organizations back, and the basic practices that drive the most innovative organizations ahead of the pack.
- Ray Kurzweil: One of the leading innovators of our time, Ray Kurzweil has been described as "the restless genius" by the Wall Street Journal. His latest New York Times bestseller is How to Create a Mind: The Secret of Human Thought Revealed.
- Bruce Lourie: One of Canada's most influential leaders and thinkers in the environmental sector, with an expertise on toxic substances, green energy, forest conservation, and environmental philanthropy, Lourie co-authored Slow Death by Rubber Duck.
- Dr. Peter Pronovost: A leader in patient safety, Dr. Pronovost has devised life-saving clinical practices that are yielding dramatic improvements in hospitals across the US and will bring that insight to the Canadian health care system.
For a full listing and additional session details on the following speakers, visit www.healthachieve.com.
One of the largest and most prestigious health care gatherings in North America, HealthAchieve aims to inspire ideas and innovation with over 50 informative and engaging educational sessions along with an award-winning exhibit floor, where close to 300 exhibitors will showcase the latest health care products, services and technologies. HealthAchieve attracts more than 6,000 health care and business leaders from around the world for learning, networking, benchmarking and sharing best practices. Learn more about HealthAchieve online at www.HealthAchieve.com.
For further information:
Tara Bolger, [email protected], 416 929 2052 or
Sarah Turnbull, [email protected], 416 929 7740