HAMILTON & LONDON, ON, Nov. 27, 2013 /CNW/ - Hamilton Health Sciences, St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton and London Health Sciences Centre are announcing today that a Request for Qualifications for a Managed Equipment Services (MES) Partnership is to be issued on December 3, 2013.
Diagnostic Services and Medical Diagnostic Unit departments at the hospitals are implementing a novel and leading best practice to support their medical and molecular imaging clinical, academic and research programs by seeking a partner to implement a MES. The hospitals believe that this MES partnership will be an exemplar of their shared project vision "Living Healthcare -Transformation & Innovation Supported by Progressive Technology and Leading Research" in the following ways:
1. Demonstrate organizational and program commitment to the patient experience. The MES will ensure that our equipment is maintained and meets/exceeds industry and legislative safety standards e.g. radiation protection and dose. From a quality and safety experience, our patients (adult and pediatric) and families will have confidence that they have received the highest quality of diagnostic care/treatment and service by compassionate staff utilizing reliable/safe medical imaging equipment;
2. Enable the use of data to inform our management practices and evidence-based decision-making as it relates to medical equipment maintenance, equipment replacement, decommissioning, and utilization as well as radiation dose management practices;
3. Support the notion of Seamless Healthcare in so much as it is aligned with a strategic industry partner that supports the hospitals' ability to achieve service delivery processes that ensure patient imaging examinations are efficiently stored and made available in real time to referring physicians and other authorized community users;
4. Facilitate operational excellence, effective asset management, annual financial savings, fiscal stewardship, transparency and accountability resulting in both direct monetary savings and indirect value to the hospitals over the term of the agreement;
5. Draw upon the partner's core competencies, innovation and global reach to support and provide Diagnostic Imaging staff (management, physicians, technologists, nurses, clerical/support staff) with leading best practices and knowledge transfer in support of the hospitals' academic and research evolutions; and
6. Incorporate unique features that will further enhance academic and research initiatives which in turn will enable the hospitals to focus on the delivery of transformational patient care and pioneering research instead of the administration of equipment procurement.
The Request for Qualifications is the first step in the procurement process to select a partner for this project.
The RFQ will be posted on Biddingo on December 3, 2013. The hospitals will hold an RFQ market briefing and question and answer session on December 10, 2013, in Toronto at 10 am. Further details regarding the market briefing will be provided in the RFQ.
About Hamilton Health Sciences
Hamilton Health Sciences is a family of seven unique hospitals, a cancer centre and an urgent care centre, serving more than 2.3 million residents of Hamilton and south central Ontario, Canada. For more information, visit www.hamiltonhealthsciences.ca.
About St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton
As a leading academic health science and research centre, St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton delivers high-quality, evidence based, compassionate care to patients in Hamilton-Niagara-Haldimand-Brant and beyond. For more information, visit our website at www.stjoes.ca
About London Health Sciences Centre
London Health Sciences Centre has been at the forefront of medicine in Canada for 138 years and offers the broadest range of specialized clinical services in Ontario. For more information, visit www.lhsc.on.ca.
SOURCE: Hamilton Health Sciences, Public Relations & Communications
For further information:
For media inquiries contact:
Hamilton Health Sciences
Public Relations and Communications
Telephone (905) 521-2100 ext. 75939
Paging (905) 521-5030
St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton
Public Affairs Department
Telephone (905) 522-1155 ext. 33037
London Health Sciences Centre
Medical Imaging Department
Telephone (519) 685-8500, ext. 52377