Halo Top eases long weekend gridlock with FREE pints from the brand's two pop-up drive-thrus in Toronto and Vancouver, and online nationally through its 'Halo Top Virtual Drive-Thru'
TORONTO, May 14, 2019 /CNW/ - Halo Top Creamery is celebrating Canada's unofficial kick-off to summer by making the infamous May Long Weekend traffic more bearable with the first ever 'Halo Top Drive-Thru.' The two drive-thrus will pop up in Toronto and Vancouver at 3 p.m. EST on Friday, May 17 to offer the ideal treat to help make it through that bumper-to-bumper traffic. Fans can get their hands on one free pint of Halo Top® until supplies last. There will be 10,000 pints available in a variety of dairy and non-dairy flavours at the two locations, complete with spoons to dig right in.
In a recent survey, Halo Top found that nearly 70 per cent of Canadians agree the worst part of the long weekend is traffic. In fact, 62 per cent find the traffic so unbearable that they wonder if it's worth getting out of town, and 46 per cent even say it is worse than running into your ex.* While the delicious feel-good treat at 80-100 calories per serving can't make the drive shorter, it can definitely make it a whole lot sweeter.
"The long weekend should be fun from the moment you leave work," said Doug Bouton, President & COO of Halo Top Creamery. "Everyone knows traffic can ruin the start of your long weekend, so we want to give our Canadian fans a free pint to help kick it off the right way."
Canadians that can't make it to a 'Halo Top Drive-Thru' in-person are invited to visit the 'Halo Top Virtual Drive-Thru' on halotop.ca/drive-thru at 3 p.m. EST. The first 5,000 Canadians to 'pass' through online will be sent a coupon for a free pint of Halo Top.
- In case you missed it, pints of Halo Top are being given away for FREE, no purchase necessary.
- Two Physical Locations:
- Toronto at 306 Front St. West, from 3-8 p.m. (local time) or while pints last.
- Vancouver at 688 Cambie St., from 12-6 p.m. (local time) or while pints last.
- Looking for the quickest route out of town? Log onto Waze and keep an eye out for two Halo Top pins highlighting the drive-thru locations to make a quick pint pit stop on your way out.
- The two drive-thrus will sample a variety of flavours, including: Birthday Cake, Candy Bar, Mint Chip, Oatmeal Cookie, Peanut Butter Swirl and Sea Salt Caramel.
- Don't worry non-dairy fans! There will be two vegan-friendly flavours available: Non-Dairy Birthday Cake and Non-Dairy Toasted Coconut.
- No car? No problem! Cyclists and pedestrians are welcome as well.
- There are certain things you should share, but Halo Top is not one of them. Each individual who comes to the drive-thru will receive their own pint to enjoy.
Halo Top first launched into Canada in February 2018, and now offers 16 irresistible flavours, including non-dairy options. The pints can be found nationwide at select Loblaw banners, Sobeys banners, Save-on-Foods, Longo's, Federated Co-op, Metro Ontario and Whole Foods. With each serving containing a fraction of the sugar and calories of traditional, full-fat ice cream, Halo Top is the ideal feel good treat for every season and occasion.
*From April 26 to April 28, 2019, an online survey of 1,515 randomly selected Canadian adults who are Maru Voice Canada panelists was executed by Maru/Blue. For comparison purposes, a probability sample of this size has an estimated margin of error (which measures sampling variability) of +/- 2.5%, 19 times out of 20.
About Halo Top Creamery
Los Angeles-based Halo Top Creamery was founded in 2011 by former lawyer turned ice cream aficionado, Justin Woolverton, while on a quest to find an ice cream he could actually feel good about eating. Crafted with quality ingredients, Halo Top® delivers premium frozen desserts that have become the ultimate feel-good way to treat yourself. Halo Top launched in Canada in early 2018 and is available nationwide at select retailers. For more information, please visit halotop.ca and join the conversation with @HaloTopCA on Facebook and @HaloTop_CA on Twitter and Instagram.
SOURCE Halo Top Creamery
For further information: Natasha Townsend, Harbinger Communications, [email protected] 647-973-3832.