CALGARY, Dec. 1 /CNW/ - Innovation, stewardship and sustainability will be the focus when nine of agriculture's most influential associations bring their members together December 1 - 3 in Calgary at the GrowCanada(R) conference.
The line-up of speakers includes:
- General Rick Hillier, former chief of defence staff for the Canadian
Forces - leadership today
- Dr. Prem Warrior, with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation -
agricultural innovation helps address the world's most pressing
issues, such as poverty and hunger
- Adam Werbach, past president of The Sierra Club, author and consultant
- how will agriculture respond to calls for greater sustainability?
- Honorable Preston Manning, founder of the Reform Party of Canada -
bridging the gap between science and politics
- Right Honorable James Bolger ONZ, chair of the advisory board of the
World Agricultural Forum and past prime minister of New Zealand -
challenges change global priorities and new solutions emerge in times
- Mayo Schmidt, president and CEO of Viterra and Canadian Business
Magazine's chief executive of the year - what industry is doing to
The GrowCanada(R) partnership was formed in 2006 to provide a national, value-chain driven vision to federal, provincial and territorial governments as they looked at renewing the national agricultural policy.
This year's conference is an extension of the group's successful collaboration and will highlight the importance of the entire agricultural value chain working together to establish Canada as a world leader in developing new products and new solutions to challenges in the production of food, energy, and industrial products; both here in Canada and around the world.
Media are invited to attend the conference, which is being held at the Hyatt Regency Calgary, 700 Centre St. S.E. in the Imperial Room. Please register in the Grand Foyer 1 upon arrival.
A full listing of conference speakers can be found at http://www.growcanadaconference.ca/2009/about.php
SOURCE CropLife Canada
For further information: For further information: Nadine Sisk, Director Media Relations, P: (613) 218-6063, email@example.com