TORONTO, June 27, 2017 /CNW/ - GreenSpace Brands Inc. ("GreenSpace" or "the Company") (TSXV: JTR) today reported winning a total of 1700 new points of distribution for 34 of its products across 5 different brands in Canadian grocery, pharmacy and quick service restaurant (QSR) customers.
Key Highlights of the incremental distribution wins include:
- Love Child has added 1350 new stores for 14 of its products in several major Canadian grocery chains, pharmacies and natural food stores. Love Child's new nutritional shake for kids, L'il shakes, and its new line of meat protein pouches have seen widespread acceptance in the market with distribution wins in almost every channel.
- Central Roast has seen distribution wins in several pharmacy retailers, major grocery chains, Relay locations in airports across Canada and broad based distribution wins in Quebec. Branded Bulk has started to rollout to more retail locations across Canada.
- Kiju has seen significant distribution wins in some of Canada's largest grocery and pharmacy retailers. These distribution gains include 131 stores in the mainline juice category as additional placement to the natural sets in a significant Canadian grocery retailer, the addition of single serve juice boxes to the baby sets and placement of the PET and iced tea products in coolers across several large independent and natural chains.
- Rolling Meadow has seen widespread distribution wins with new product launches, including chocolate milk, Greek yoghurt, 4L bagged milk and sour cream. Rolling Meadow has also seen significant distribution wins in BC where a local grass fed supply chain has been launched, and in Quebec from the Ontario grass fed milk supply chain.
- Life Choices has seen distribution wins for its BBQ line of grass fed hot dogs and burgers in Quebec as well as significant distribution wins in a major Ontario based grocery retailer.
"Our sales team continues to fill the holes in the distribution network throughout Canada for all of our brands" says Matthew von Teichman, CEO of GreenSpace Brands. "On top of that we're seeing significant acceptance of our new innovation, particularly within our Rolling Meadow and Love Child brands, which is serving to entrench GreenSpace as a trusted partner in innovation for many of Canada's largest grocery and pharmacy retailers."
GreenSpace continues to deliver on its 3 prong growth strategy for existing brands of maximizing distribution by filling the gaps on retailer shelves, driving customers to stores to buy our product through effective grass roots marketing, and through new product innovation that keeps GreenSpace brands top of mind for all the major retailer customers in Canada.
About GreenSpace Brands Inc.
GreenSpace is a Canadian-based brand ideation team that develops, markets and sells premium natural food products to consumers across Canada. GreenSpace owns Rolling Meadow Dairy, Canada's first grass fed dairy product line that has built upon the founding values of Greenspace's original brand, Life Choices. Life Choices features premium convenience meat products made with grass fed and pasture raised meats without the use of added hormones and antibiotics. GreenSpace owns Holistic Choice, a premium natural pet food line and Nudge, a line of family favorite foods made better. GreenSpace acquired Love Child (Brands) Inc., a producer of 100% organic food for infants and toddlers made with the purest, natural and most nutritionally-rich ingredients. Next GreenSpace acquired Central Roast Inc., a clean snacking brand that has been one of the leading natural food brands in Canada over the last several years. The Company then acquired Nothing But Nature Inc., which owns the brand Kiju and is the Canadian market leader in the shelf stable organic juice segment. All brands are wholly owned and retail in a variety of natural and mass retail grocery locations across Canada.
For more information, visit www.greenspacebrands.ca. GreenSpace's filings are also available at www.SEDAR.com.
Certain statements in this press release constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of applicable securities laws. Forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, statements made under the heading "Outlook" and other statements concerning the Company's 2017 objectives, strategies to achieve those objectives, as well as statements with respect to management's beliefs, plans, estimates, and intentions, and similar statements concerning anticipated future events, results, circumstances, performance or expectations that are not historical facts. Forward-looking statements generally can be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as "outlook", "objective", "may", "will", "expect", "intend", "estimate", "anticipate", "believe", "should", "plans" or "continue", or similar expressions suggesting future outcomes or events. Such forward-looking statements reflect management's current beliefs and are based on information currently available to management. Forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those contemplated by such statements and there can be no assurance that actual results will be consistent with these forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause such differences include the cyclical nature of the construction and agriculture industries, changes in general economic conditions and interest rates, adverse weather, cost and availability of materials used to manufacture the Company's products, competitive developments, legislative and government policy changes, as well as other risk factors included in the Company's Annual Information Form dated August 16, 2016 under the heading "Risks and Uncertainties Related to the Business" and as described from time to time in the reports and disclosure documents filed by the Company with Canadian securities regulatory agencies and commissions. This list is not exhaustive of the factors that may impact the Company's forward-looking statements. These and other factors should be considered carefully and readers should not place undue reliance on the Company's forward-looking statements. As a result of the foregoing and other factors, no assurance can be given as to any such future results, levels of activity or achievements or levels of dividends and neither the Company nor any other person assumes responsibility for the accuracy and completeness of these forward-looking statements. The factors underlying current expectations are dynamic and subject to change. Certain statements included in this press release may be considered "financial outlook" for purposes of applicable securities laws, and such financial outlook may not be appropriate for all purposes. All forward-looking statements in this press release are qualified by these cautionary statements. The forward-looking statements contained herein are made as of the date of this press release and except as required by applicable law, the Company undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its regulation services provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
SOURCE GreenSpace Brands Inc.
For further information: Matthew von Teichman, President & Chief Executive Officer, GreenSpace Brands Inc., Tel: (416) 934-5034 Ext. 200; Cindy Leung, Acting Chief Financial Officer, GreenSpace Brands Inc., Tel: (416) 934-5034 Ext. 201