TORONTO, Aug. 10, 2018 /CNW/ - NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the annual and special meeting (the "Meeting") of the shareholders of GreenSpace Brands Inc. (the "Corporation") will be held at the offices of Bennett Jones LLP, 3400 One First Canadian Place, 100 King Street West, Toronto, Ontario, at 1:00 p.m. (Toronto time) on Wednesday, September 12, 2018 for the following purposes:
- to receive the audited consolidated financial statements of the Corporation for the financial year ended March 31, 2018 together with the report of the auditor thereon;
- to elect directors of the Corporation for the ensuing year;
- to appoint the auditor of the Corporation for the ensuing year and to authorize the directors of the Corporation to fix the remuneration of the auditor;
- to consider and, if deemed advisable, to pass, with or without variation, a resolution confirming and approving the share option plan of the Corporation;
- to consider and, if deemed advisable, to pass, with or without variation, a resolution confirming and approving the equity incentive plan of the Corporation; and
- to transact such other business as may properly be brought before the Meeting or any adjournment thereof.
Particulars of the foregoing matters are set forth in the accompanying management information circular (the "Circular"). Please review the Circular carefully and in full prior to voting in relation to the matters set out above as the Circular has been prepared to help you make an informed decision on such matters.
The directors of the Corporation have fixed the close of business on August 8, 2018 as the record date (the "Record Date") for the determination of shareholders entitled to receive notice of, and to vote at, the Meeting. Only shareholders whose names have been entered in the register of shareholders as of the close of business on the Record Date will be entitled to receive notice of, and to vote at, the Meeting.
Shareholders are entitled to vote at the Meeting either in person or by proxy, as described in the Circular under the heading "General Proxy Information". Only registered shareholders of the Corporation, or the persons they appoint as their proxies, are entitled to attend and vote at the Meeting. For information with respect to shareholders who own their Common Shares through an intermediary, see "General Proxy Information – Non-Registered Shareholders" in the Circular.
Whether or not you are able to attend the Meeting in person, you are encouraged to provide voting instructions on the enclosed form of proxy as soon as possible. To be included at the Meeting, your completed and executed form of proxy must be received by Computershare Trust Company of Canada, 8th Floor, 100 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M5J 2Y1, Attention: Proxy Department, no later than 1:00 p.m. (Toronto time) on Monday, September 10, 2018 (or no later than 48 hours (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and holidays) prior to any reconvened Meeting in the event of an adjournment of the Meeting) or deposited with the Chairman of the Meeting prior to the commencement of the Meeting or any adjournment thereof. Voting instructions may also be provided by internet or telephone by following the instructions on the form of proxy.
DATED at Toronto, Ontario this 10th day of August, 2018.
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD
(Signed) "Matthew von Teichman"
Chairman of the Board, President and CEO
SOURCE GreenSpace Brands Inc.
For further information: Matthew von Teichman, President & Chief Executive Officer, GreenSpace Brands Inc.,416.934.5034 ext 200; Greg Guyatt, Chief Financial Officer, GreenSpace Brands Inc., 416.934.5034 ext 201
GreenSpace is a Canadian-based brand ideation team that develops, markets and sells premium natural food products to consumers across North America. GreenSpace owns Rolling Meadow Dairy, Canada's first grass fed dairy business, Life Choices, convenience meat products made with grass fed and pasture raised meats without the use of added hormones and antibiotics, Nudge, a line of family favorite...