MONTRÉAL, Dec. 28, 2016 /CNW Telbec/ - Lady Luck had a really great present for Céline Meilleur on the day after Christmas! The Montréal area resident is the first in Québec to win the Grande Vie grand prize of $1,000 per day for life. The winner chose the lump sum of $7,000,000 to make her every dream come true!
- Lottery: Grande Vie
- Prize won: $1,000 per day for life (the winner chose to receive the lump sum of $7,000,000)
- Category: grand prize
- Draw date: December 26, 2016
- Winner's place of residence: Montréal
- Retailer: Dépanneur du coin (1371 Grande Allée, Terrebonne)
- The retailer will receive a $70,000 prize, equal to 1% of the win.
- Claim centre: Loto-Québec head office, Montréal
- After two days of celebrations, Ms. Meilleur decided to relax on the day after Christmas, which was Grande Vie draw day.
- On the 27th, she went out to run some errands and checked her lottery tickets using the self-serve checker. Ms. Meilleur first scanned her Lotto 6/49 and Lotto Max tickets and continued with her Grande Vie ticket: the machine indicated that she'd won the special prize!
- The winner then asked the retailer to validate her ticket. The characteristic winning musical notes confirmed that Ms. Meilleur had won $1,000 per day for life!
- Excited, the winner started to collect the groceries she came to buy when, halfway through the chore, she thought: "What am I doing? I'm not hungry!"
- She hurried home to call her loved-ones to announce the incredible news.
- When she came to claim her cheque accompanied by her two sisters and a brother, Ms. Meilleur spontaneously said she wants to take a trip abroad in 1st class as well as buy a new car and new home.
In the winner's words
- "I'm already well into my retirement; it'll only get better now!"
A wave of wins in Québec
- Quebecers were particularly lucky with lotteries lately. In only two weeks, three Lotto 6/49 jackpots were won in the province: a $5 million win in Montérégie, another $4.9 million in Montréal, and $12.4 million in the Outaouais.
- We hope the trend continues, as on Friday, December 30, the Lotto Max jackpot will reach $60 million plus 30 Maxmillions. The following day, Lotto 6/49 will offer an $11 million jackpot in addition to the regular Guaranteed $1 Million prize.
Lottery prize payments in gaming establishments
Lottery winners may claim their prizes at the Trois-Rivières and Québec City gaming halls, Loto-Québec's Montréal and Québec City offices, or at the Casino de Montréal, Casino du Lac-Leamy, Casino de Charlevoix or Casino de Mont-Tremblant. See details on Loto-Québec's website at https://loteries.lotoquebec.com/en/winners/you-have-won.
Loto-Québec's mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion, in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. From January 1 to December 28, 2016, Loto-Québec paid out 97 prizes worth $1 million or more.
Lotteries site: loteries.lotoquebec.com
twitter.com/LotoQcLoteries Hashtag: #lotoquebec
For further information: Source: Patrice Lavoie, Corporate Director, Public Affairs, Press Relations and Social Media, Loto-Québec, 514-499-5130, email@example.com, twitter.com/patricelavoie; Information: Danny Racine, Communications Officer, Loto-Québec, 514-499-7101, firstname.lastname@example.org