Free online business permit and licence service saves time, cuts red tape and helps entrepreneurs
BRUCE COUNTY, ON, Oct. 13, 2017 /CNW/ - Starting and running a business in Bruce County just became easier thanks to BizPaL, an online business permit and licence service that saves time spent on paperwork and helps entrepreneurs start up faster.
The Honourable Bardish Chagger, Leader of the Government in the House of Commons and Minister of Small Business and Tourism, today announced the implementation of BizPaL in the municipality of Bruce County, located in southwestern Ontario. This free online application is a directory of the permits and licences required to start or run a business. BizPaL saves business people time searching for information and, as a result, helps them meet their obligations more easily.
"Starting up and growing a business is not easy. There are many regulations to follow and a lot of paperwork to complete. BizPaL is a unique collaboration between all levels of government that is specifically designed to help entrepreneurs get the information they need about all the permits and licences required to start and grow their businesses. This helps these hard-working small business owners focus more on what they do best: growing their businesses and creating jobs."
– The Honourable Bardish Chagger, Leader of the Government in the House of Commons and Minister of Small Business and Tourism
"By linking with BizPaL, Bruce County has taken another step to help local businesses succeed. Our Business to Bruce program has partnered with BizPaL and looks forward to helping operators explore this service, which cuts through the red tape of starting, operating or expanding a business. The County is working hard to stimulate economic development, and working with businesses is key to helping us all reach our goals."
– Kelley Coulter, Chief Administrative Officer, Bruce County
- BizPaL, a unique collaboration between all levels of government, helps entrepreneurs find out which permits and licences they require to start and grow their businesses.
- Bruce County signing on to BizPaL brings the number of local governments in Ontario involved in this program to 144.
- Small and medium-sized enterprises are the foundation of the economy, accounting for 99 percent of all businesses in Canada.
- To date, all provinces and territories are participating in BizPaL, with 934 municipalities and one First Nation offering the service, making it available to 79 percent of the Canadian population.
SOURCE Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
For further information: Jonathan Dignan, Director of Communications, Office of the Minister of Small Business and Tourism, 343-291-2700; Media Relations, Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada, 343-291-1777, [email protected]