SARNIA, ON, Feb. 4, 2015 /CNW/ - Patricia Davidson, Member of Parliament for Sarnia — Lambton, on behalf of the Honourable Jason Kenney, Minister of Employment and Social Development, today announced the opening of passport receiving services within the Service Canada Centre in Sarnia, Ontario, located at 529 Exmouth Street. This will allow for increased capacity and efficiency for the Government of Canada to provide passport services to clients in the Sarnia area.
Passport receiving agents assist citizens with their standard passport application by reviewing it on site for completeness, verifying supporting documents, accepting payment and forwarding it on for processing.
Our Government is committed to making passport services more convenient and accessible for Canadians. Service Canada is also expanding its service offering by providing passport services in eight other Service Canada Centres.
- Service Canada is expanding passport receiving services to additional Service Canada Centres. New locations and opening dates include:
- Sudbury and Kingston, Ontario – February 2, 2015
- Belleville, Ontario – February 23, 2015
- Sarnia, Ontario – March 2, 2015
- This announcement reinforces our Government's commitment made in May 2013 to expand access to passport services (link to news release: Improving passport services for Canadians).
"Our Government is committed to service excellence, giving Canadians access to services and information close to where they work and live. By offering passport services in the Services Canada Centre in Sarnia, Ontario, we are making it easier for people to obtain assistance with their passport application."
– Patricia Davidson, Member of Parliament for Sarnia — Lambton
"Through Service Canada, we offer single-window access to a wide range of Government of Canada programs and services for citizens. By, leveraging Service Canada's resources and service delivery network, we are making passport services more accessible and convenient."
– The Honourable Jason Kenney, Minister of Employment and Social Development
Find out at which Service Canada Centres you can apply for a passport
SOURCE Employment and Social Development Canada
For further information: Lauren Armstrong, Office of Minister Kenney, 819-994-2482; Media Relations Office, Employment and Social Development Canada, 819-994-5559, email@example.com, Follow us on Twitter