RIMOUSKI, QC, Feb. 16, 2015 /CNW/ - The Government of Canada today announced the opening of passport receiving services within the Service Canada Centre in Rimouski, Quebec, located at 287 Pierre-Saindon Street. This will allow for increased capacity and efficiency for the Government of Canada to provide passport services to clients in the Rimouski area.
Passport receiving agents assist citizens with their standard passport application by reviewing it on site for completeness, verifying supporting documents, accepting payment and forwarding it on for processing.
The Government of Canada is committed to making passport services more convenient and accessible for Canadians. Service Canada is also expanding its service offering by providing passport services in eight other Service Canada Centres.
- Service Canada is expanding passport receiving services to additional Service Canada Centres. New locations and opening dates include:
- Sudbury and Kingston, Ontario – February 2, 2015
- Stratford, Ontario – February 9, 2015
- Yarmouth, Nova Scotia – February 9, 2015
- Brantford, Ontario – February 16, 2015
- Rimouski, Quebec – February 16, 2015
- Belleville, Ontario – February 23, 2015
- Sarnia, Ontario – March 2, 2015
- This announcement reinforces our Government's commitment made in May 2013 to expand access to passport services (link to news release: Improving passport services for Canadians).
SOURCE Canada's Economic Action Plan
For further information: Media Relations Office, Employment and Social Development Canada, 819-994-5559, firstname.lastname@example.org; Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/PassportCan