TORONTO, Nov. 16, 2016 /CNW/ - Governance Professionals of Canada ("GPC") handed out the fourth Annual Excellence in Governance Awards ("EGAs") last night at their dinner and ceremony held at The Carlu in Toronto, attended by over 300 people.
The winners in each category are as follows:
- Best Practices in Enterprise Risk Management: Vancouver Airport Authority (YVR)
- Best Practices in Sustainability and Environmental, Social and Governance: The Co-operators
- Best Approach to Achieving Effective Board and Committee Operations: RBC
- Best Practices to Enhance Boardroom Diversity: Goldcorp Inc.
- Best Practices in Strategic Planning, Oversight and Value Creation by the Board: TransCanada Corp.
- Best Engagement by a Governance Team: Manulife Financial Corp. and Gore Mutual Insurance Co.
- Best Pay for Performance: MEG Energy Corp.
- Best Overall Governance: the Canadian National Railway Co. (CN Rail) and ATB Financial
- Peter Dey Governance Achievement Award: Kathleen (Katie) Taylor, Chair of the Board, RBC
The final award winners were chosen out of nominations from across Canada in all sectors and markets by a jury panel composed of seasoned and well-respected governance experts. For more on the panel: http://gpcanada.org/EGA_judges/.
GPC President Lynn Beauregard states, "The Excellence in Governance Award winners deserve to be celebrated for promoting and practicing good governance in their organizations. The EGAs recognize excellence across all organizations from public to private, not for profit, crown and others, to reinforce that transparency, accountability and strong governance frameworks should be a priority for all Canadian organizations."
GPC is recognized as the most important organization for corporate governance professionals in Canada. As the principal advocate for those who work in corporate governance, GPC strives to enhance the public's awareness of the importance of good governance. GPC is the voice of corporate governance professionals in Canada and participates with other stakeholders, including capital markets participants, government bodies and regulators, in fostering a governance environment that sets Canada apart from the world. GPC supports its membership with continuing education and networking opportunities that are second to none.
SOURCE Governance Professionals of Canada (GPC)
Image with caption: "The Excellence in Governance Awards recognize good governance in all sectors and markets across Canada. (Photography credit: Monique de St. Croix) (CNW Group/Governance Professionals of Canada (GPC))". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20161116_C5587_PHOTO_EN_820827.jpg
Image with caption: "The Excellence in Governance Winners: (top L to R) Grant Borbridge, MEG Energy; Cristina Circelli, CN Rail; Karen McCarthy, RBC; Kathleen Taylor, RBC; Sonya Stark, Gore Mutual; Rejean Laflamme, The Co-operators; Meghan Lindsay, TransCanada; Antonella Deo, Manulife; (bottom L to R) Stuart McKellar, ATB; Glenn McCoy, YVR; Phil Baudin, The Co-operators; and John Mullally, Goldcorp. (Photography credit: Monique de St. Croix) (CNW Group/Governance Professionals of Canada (GPC))". Image available at: https://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20161116_C5587_PHOTO_EN_820825.jpg
For further information: Lynn Beauregard, President, firstname.lastname@example.org, 416-921-5449 ext. 306