Governance Professionals of Canada (GPC) announces and congratulates the 2017 winners of Excellence in Governance Awards (EGAs)
03 Nov, 2017, 16:25 ET
TORONTO, Nov. 3, 2017 /CNW/ - The Governance Professionals of Canada ("GPC") handed out the Fifth Annual Excellence in Governance Awards ("EGAs") last night at their awards gala dinner and ceremony held at The Carlu in Toronto.
GPC received over 80 nominations this year from organizations across all sectors. The winners, organized by category, are presented below:
- Best Practices in Enterprise Risk Management
- MD Financial Management Inc.
- Best Practices in Sustainability and ESG Governance
- MEC (Mountain Equipment Co-op)
- Best Approach to Achieving Effective Board and Committee Operations
- Green Shield Canada
- Best Practices to Enhance Boardroom Diversity
- Vancouver Airport Authority (YVR)
- Cameco Corporation (Honourable Mention)
- Best Practices in Strategic Planning, Oversight and Value Creation by the Board
- ATB Financial
- Best Engagement by a Governance Team
- Concentra Bank
- Best Compensation, Disclosure and Communication
- Manulife Financial Corporation
- Best Practices in Subsidiary Governance
- Bank of Montreal
- Best Overall Corporate Governance
- Listed winner: Royal Bank of Canada
- Non-listed winner: Vancouver Airport Authority
- Peter Dey Governance Achievement Award
- Hugh Bolton, Chairman, EPCOR Utilities
"The overall caliber of the nominations we received this year was excellent – In this age of disruption and turbulence, organizations want the acknowledgment for what they are doing right and the winners of these awards can send a clear message to their stakeholders that they are organizations who value excellence in their governance." - Lynn Beauregard, President, Governance Professionals of Canada (GPC).
The final award winners were chosen out of nominations from across Canada in all sectors and markets by a jury panel composed of seasoned and well-respected governance experts. For more on the panel: http://gpcanada.org/EGA_judges/.
GPC President Lynn Beauregard states: "The Excellence in Governance Awards recognize excellence across all organizations from public to private, not for profit, crown and others, to reinforce that transparency, accountability and strong governance frameworks should be a priority for all Canadian organizations".
As the principal advocate for those who work in corporate governance, GPC strives to enhance the importance of governance and those who work in the field, by advocating for, providing education on and recognizing good governance practices in Canada. GPC is the voice of corporate governance professionals in Canada and participates with other stakeholders, including capital markets participants, government bodies and regulators, in fostering a governance environment that sets Canada apart in the world. GPC supports its membership with continuing education and networking opportunities that are second to none.
SOURCE Governance Professionals of Canada
For further information: Lynn Beauregard, President, 802-21 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, Phone: 416-921-5449 / 1-800-774-2850, Ext 306, Email: [email protected], Website: http://www.gpcanada.org/EGA
Share this article