Scholastic Media's Classic Children's Hit TV Show Now Available for Download Internationally for the First Time
NEW YORK, May 27, 2014 /CNW/ - Prepare for scares! Goosebumps™ fans around the world are in store for more frightfully-fun adventures, as the hit television series from Scholastic Media, a leading creator and producer of successful, multiplatform programming for kids and families worldwide, arrives on iTunes in Canada, the UK and Australia for the first time debuting today. http://www.scholastic.com/goosebumps/tv_dvd/index.htm
"We're very excited to make our iconic Goosebumps television series available to an even broader base of fans throughout Canada, the UK and Australia on iTunes," said Deborah Forte, executive producer of the show and president of Scholastic Media, the entertainment and media division of Scholastic Inc. (NASDAQ: SCHL). "With all 74 episodes now ready for download, kids and families around the globe can experience the rollercoaster ride of Goosebumps anywhere, any time."
The thrills-filled Goosebumps TV series, based on the popular Scholastic books written by R.L. Stine, follows the stories of children who find themselves in extraordinary situations, serving up plenty of humor and scares. The TV series currently airs on the Hub Network in the U.S.
- Goosebumps is one of the world's most successful children's franchises, with more than 350 million books in 32 languages sold worldwide and new titles planned for release through 2015.
- Goosebumps is the second best-selling book series of all time, surpassed only by Harry Potter. It has been a powerful force in children's lives for decades, making voracious readers out of reluctant ones.
- The Goosebumps top-rated, long-running live-action TV series premiered in 1995 and is produced by Scholastic Media. Together, the books, TV series and licensing activity have made Goosebumps a full-fledged pop culture phenomenon for multiple generations of fans across the globe.
- Sony Pictures Entertainment will release the eagerly-anticipated Goosebumps™ feature film starring Jack Black in August 2015. The movie is produced by Deborah Forte and Neal H. Moritz.
- Goosebumps is distributed on iTunes exclusively by The Orchard.
SOURCE: Scholastic Media
For further information:
Alison Grand, Grand Communications (for Scholastic Media), 212.584.1133; firstname.lastname@example.org