OTTAWA, Oct. 15, 2014 /CNW/ - Hydro Ottawa is asking its customers to help tackle Ottawa's biggest social issue by participating in its new Go Paperless campaign. Until December 31, 2014, for every customer that signs up for E-Billing, Hydro Ottawa will make a $5 donation to its Brighter Tomorrows Fund, a community investment fund managed by United Way Ottawa.
Designed to support frontline agencies that serve people who are homeless, or at risk of homelessness, the Brighter Tomorrows Fund enables agencies to invest in small scale energy-efficient technologies or products. It helps agencies reduce energy costs, improve their facilities and provide more comfortable living spaces.
To register for E-Billing, customers must have a recent paper-bill in hand, as well as a valid email address. The registration process takes only a few minutes and can be completed by either calling our Customer Service department at 613-738-6400, or by registering on Hydro Ottawa's website at https://hydroottawa.com/residential/billing/ebilling/http://www.hydroottawa.com/account.
- Through the generosity of Hydro Ottawa and its employees, the Brighter Tomorrows Fund has invested nearly $530,000 in 50 projects since 2011.
- Earlier this month, Hydro Ottawa announced ten local agencies that collectively received nearly $170,000 in grants from this year's Brighter Tomorrows Fund. This year's recipients include Carty House, Daybreak Non-Profit Shelter, Heartwood House, Minwaashin Lodge, Multifaith Housing Initiative, Operation Come Home, Options Bytown Non-Profit Housing Corporation, Shepherds of Good Hope, St. Joe's Supper Table and the Youville Centre.
- Hydro Ottawa's United Way Workplace campaigns have raised more than $1.5 million since 2001.
- Hydro Ottawa's E-Billing is secure, green and easy to use, allowing customers to view, manage and store bills online.
"Our new Go Paperless campaign in support of the United Way is a win-win-win. It's a win for the environment because we will reduce the amount of paper bills we need to produce; it's a win for our company because we reduce operating costs for every customer that makes the switch; and it's a win for local charities serving the homeless because we will be in a position to give even more to our Brighter Tomorrows Fund. I truly hope our customers will take advantage of this opportunity."
- Bryce Conrad, President and Chief Executive Officer, Hydro Ottawa
"Hydro Ottawa is a corporation that has been thoughtful, considerate and deliberate about where they want their investment to go and what kind of difference they want to make. The Go Paperless campaign is another way Hydro Ottawa is showing it cares about its community. The funds raised through the campaign will help agencies invest in energy efficient replacements and upgrades and allow them to redirect these funds to programs to help some of those most vulnerable in our city. United Way is honoured to continue to grow our partnership with Hydro Ottawa."
- Michael Allen, President and CEO, United Way Ottawa
About Hydro Ottawa
Hydro Ottawa Holding Inc. (Hydro Ottawa) owns and operates two subsidiary companies, Hydro Ottawa Limited and Energy Ottawa Inc. Hydro Ottawa Limited is the third largest municipally owned electrical utility in Ontario serving more than 315,000 customers in the City of Ottawa and the Village of Casselman. Energy Ottawa Inc., Ottawa's largest producer of green power, generates renewable energy and provides commercial energy management services.
SOURCE: Hydro Ottawa Holding Inc.
For further information: Media Contact: Daniel Séguin, Manager, Media and Public Affairs, Hydro Ottawa, Tel: 613-738-5499 ext. 7684, email@example.com, www.hydroottawa.com