One of the world's premier energy exhibitions returns to Calgary welcoming over 60,000 attendees
CALGARY, May 29, 2012 /CNW/ - Global Petroleum Show (GPS), one of the world's largest energy exhibitions, will be taking place June 12 -14 at Calgary's Stampede Park. Since 1968, the biennial event has united the world's most prominent energy leaders. This year, GPS will welcome over 60,000 registered attendees from 95 different countries and will feature more than 2,000 exhibiting companies showcasing the latest in emerging technology.
Expanding to over 700,000 square feet, GPS 2012 will see delegations, presentations and exhibits from Bahrain, China, Colombia, France, Germany, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Kuwait, Mexico, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Peru, Poland, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, UAE, United Kingdom and the USA. Notable exhibitors include Aggreko, Kuwait Oil Company, Sanjel Corporation, Stewart & Stevenson, Strad Energy Services, Stream-Flo Industries Ltd., OilCareers.com and many more.
"GPS is increasingly becoming the epicenter for National Oil Companies (NOC's), suppliers and independent oil companies to come to Canada to do business," said Wes Scott, Executive Vice President of dmg :: events, organizers of Global Petroleum Show. "We have seen significant growth since 2010 and are eager to welcome energy leaders from around the globe."
Providing a platform for governments, corporations, local organizations and individuals to explore business opportunities both in Canada and around the world, the International Energy Marketplace has been introduced as a new feature for 2012. This dedicated area offers one-on-one introductory opportunities with governments and national oil companies, free International Market Presentations, Global Business Development Workshops, World Energy Cities Partnership Pavilion, Industry Associations Pavilion and networking events.
In addition, GPS brings together Canadian and US suppliers and buyers to foster new and potential industry relationships and synergies.
- International Energy Leaders Forum - New to GPS, international industry leaders will discuss a variety of significant topics including global supply and demand, technological innovations, and socio-political landscapes (June 13, 2012).
- European Union - Canada Business Forum - Organized by the Italian Chamber of Commerce in Canada-West (ICCC), this forum will provide Canadian and European companies with the opportunity to discuss the state of the industry and developments arising from the Comprehensive Economic Trade Agreement (CETA) (June 13, 2012).
- Opening Night Reception - Kicking off the exhibition, this function unites the heavy hitters in the oil and gas industry for an evening of Canadian-based activities such as curling, bobsledding, cross country skiing, hockey and much more (June 12, 2012).
- Outdoor Exhibition and Rodeo - Set against the backdrop of the world's largest display of field equipment for the oil and gas sector, the GPS Rodeo will be held daily from 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. (June 12-14, 2012).
- Global Energy Career Expo - The Career Expo, held alongside GPS at Calgary TELUS Convention Centre, will welcome over 6,000 candidates interested in learning about careers in energy with the world's leading companies. Free registration is available at www.globalenergycareerexpo.com (June 13 - 14, 2012).
Global Petroleum Show 2012 runs Tuesday, June 12 and Wednesday, June 13 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Thursday, June 14 from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Media will be required to obtain a show badge for the exhibition and will need to provide accreditation (a piece of photo identification and an official business card) upon arrival at the Press Office (sponsored by Sanjel Corporation, a specialized energy service company applying over three decades of experience and oilfield knowledge), located in Room 101 beside Hall D in the BMO Centre. Press accreditation is provided for the exhibition only. For further information on GPS and to inquire about attendance, visit www.globalpetroleumshow.com.
For further information:
Primary Media Contact
Brookline Public Relations, Inc
W: 403.538.5641 ext. 109
Secondary Media Contact
Brookline Public Relations, Inc
W: 403.538.5641 ext. 102
Held in conjunction with:
SPE HeavyOil CONFERENCE Canada
Visit www.spe.org/events/ihoc/2012/ for more information.