NCIS Wins the Night With Over 2.6 Million Viewers
NCIS:LA Number Two With Over 2.4 Million Viewers
Vegas Number Three and #1 New Drama This Season
For artwork, please visit: www.shawmediatv.ca
To tweet this release, please copy the following link: http://bit.ly/UvgJ8F
TORONTO, Sept. 26, 2012 /CNW/ - In a show of massive star force, Global's Tuesday night line-up crushed the competition. From start to finish, Global led the charge, starting with the highly anticipated return of NCIS claiming top position with over 2.6 million viewers, followed by the unstoppable NCIS: LA attracting over 2.4 million viewers (2+ Nat). All of this was the perfect set up for the premiere of Global's newest dramatic series, Vegas, which proved it was a sure bet with 1.7 million viewers (2+ Nat), making it the #1 new drama this season.
The combined power of these three shows provided a primetime average of 2.1 million viewers, catapulting Global by 66% over CTV's average and by 271% over Citytv's average (2+ Nat).
8-11PM DATA HIGHLIGHTS (All data A18-49, Nat):
- NCIS and NCIS:LA placed #1 and #2 with 960,000 and 893,000 viewers, respectively
- NCIS outperformed CTV's The Voice by 27%
- NCIS:LA topped CTV's 9pm comedy block (Anger Management & The New Normal) by 76% and Citytv's comedy block (New Girl premiere & The Mindy Project premiere) by 105%
- Week over week, Anger Management dropped by 22% while The New Normal dropped by 5%
- Vegas outperformed the premiere of CTV's Criminal Minds by 6% and Citytv's premiere of Private Practice by 102%
Viewers who missed last night's NCIS, NCIS: LA and Vegas premieres can catch up on GlobalTV.com, on their Global Video App, available from the App Store on iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, or on demand through cable and satellite providers across the country.
Source: BBM Canada PPM Overnight Data - Sept 25, 2012, Total Canada
SOURCE: Global Television
For further information: