VAUGHAN, ON, April 28, 2015 /CNW/ - Grilling season is here and Canadians are ready for it! Or are they?
The recently released 25th annual Weber Canadian GrillWatch™ Survey offers some interesting stats on who, what, where, when, and why Canadians grill. Whether you are looking for a gift for that special griller in your life, or you simply want to get ready for the season and gear up with some cool barbecue tools and grilling gadgets, consider this:
- Men are the primary grillers in Canadian households (64%)
- Canadians are heavy grillers with (84%) admitting to firing up the barbecue at least twice a month.
- When not grilling at home, 41% of Canadians can be found grilling while camping using a portable model grill.
- Father's Day is the third most popular time to barbecue (54%) after Canada Day (68%) and birthdays (62%)
- Hamburgers are the food most-often grilled, with 87% of respondents having grilled them in the past year.
- Steak is still the top all-time most favourite food to grill (44%)
- Tongs are tops when it comes to accessories owned (80%), followed by a basting brush (73%) and a wire bristle grill brush (70%)
- Top reasons Canadians like to grill are it's fun (75%), it's a social activity (74%) and it's relaxing (67%).
- A whopping (91%) of Canadian grillers own a gas grill, while charcoal grills are favoured by (21%) of Canadian grillers.
Whether you are a novice or seasoned griller, Weber's got you covered with this top ten list to help get your grill on this season.
1. Weber Genesis E-330 Gas Grill ($1,049.99 LP model)
This popular grill features three steel burners, porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates and Flavourizer bars, a side burner, enclosed tank storage area with fuel-gauge, and a center-mounted thermometer. It provides even heat distribution and includes a grease management system that makes it easy to clean the grill. Available colours include classic black, copper, or green.
2. Weber Q 1200 Portable Gas Grill ($269.99) New Fun Colours!
Change the way you see grilling with this portable beauty that offers big grill performance. Ideal for millennial and empty-nesters, the powerful Q 1200 is also an excellent choice for small patios or balconies and on-the-go grilling. Fun colours include orange, fuchsia, green, purple, blue, and black.
3. Weber 14" Smokey Mountain Cooker ($289.99)
Built like a tank but easy to transport, this smaller version of the original Smokey Mountain cooker offers an extraordinary smoking experience. Take it along on weekend camping excursions, fishing trips or on picnics.
4. Weber Style Grill Pan Set ($84.99)
This 2-in-1 set includes one sauté pan and one vegetable pan. Sauté pan is designed to also act as a lid over the vegetable pan. The slotted pan surface allows smaller pieces of food to have smokey grilled flavour. Non-stick ceramic-coated interior makes cleaning a breeze.
5. Weber Elevations Grill Rack and Skewer Set includes 8 skewers ($69.99)
Expand the variety of food you prepare. This tiered cooking system increases the capacity of your gas grill by offering three levels for cooking. (Optional vegetable basket is $29.99).
6. Meatball/Slider Rack ($47.99)
This stainless steel rack holds up to 15 meatballs or 8 mini burgers/sliders. Allows users to evenly cook and easily turn multiple pieces at one time.
7. Weber Style Poultry Infusion Roaster ($44.99)
This nifty roasting kit infuses moisture and flavour into poultry and its non-stick ceramic-coated interior makes is easy to clean.
8. Rib and Roast Holder ($26.99)
This 2-in-1 design expands cooking flexibility while minimizing the storage space needed when not in use. One side is a rib rack holder, or flip it over and you now have a roast holder.
9. Weber's Big Book of Burgers ($23.95)
With burgers being the food most-often grilled by Canadians, you'll want this cookbook written by best-selling author Jamie Purviance. It includes 160 recipes covering the entire burger fare category including plenty of burger tips, tricks and grilling basics.
10. Compact Rapidfire Chimney Starter ($18.99)
This smaller version of the original Rapidfire Chimney starter fits perfectly for on- the-go charcoal grills like the Smokey Joe, Jumbo Joe and portable Smokey Mountain Cooker. Makes lighting charcoal a breeze. You'll never use lighter fluid again!
SOURCE Weber-Stephen Canada Co.
Image with caption: "Get your grill on with this popular Weber Genesis E-330 gas grill (CNW Group/Weber-Stephen Canada Co.)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20150428_C1235_PHOTO_EN_15834.jpg
For further information: Editors' note: Please contact Theresa Stahl at firstname.lastname@example.org for hi-res images, product information, recipes, or interview opportunities with Weber Grill Specialist Chef Michael P. Clive.