Find long weekend fun in your own backyard
HAMILTON HALTON BRANT REGION, ON, May 11, 2012 /CNW/ - Southern Ontario residents looking for an alternative to cottage country traffic jams can find their way to Hamilton Halton Brant this Victoria Day for a fun-filled escape with a fraction of the carbon footprint.
Thanks to special offers, hotel promotions and a downloadable touring passport available at www.theheartofontario.com that's valid through June 30th, it's never been easier to discover some of southern Ontario's lesser-known outdoor and cultural treasures.
Victoria Day marks the official beginning of gardening season, and the Find Your Way touring passport offers great perks on a variety of attractions for green thumbs looking for inspiration, including:
- 25 per cent off admission to Burlington's Royal Botanical Gardens
- Two-for-one admission to Hamilton's Whitehern Historic House and Garden
- Free admission to Milton's Springridge Farm
For those looking to spend some time on the water, the Find Your Way touring passport also has some great deals for experiences on the Grand River, including:
- Buy one, get 50 per cent off second person at Grand Experiences Canoe and Kayak Rentals
- Ten per cent off rentals at Treks in the Wild
- Five dollars off adult admission at Grand River Dinner Cruises
Victoria Day is also a great opportunity to learn more about Canada's rich heritage, and the Find Your Way touring passport provides great savings on many of the area's historical sites including:
- Two-for-one admission to the City of Hamilton's museums
- Ten per cent off admission and gift shop purchases at the City of Burlington's museums
- Two-for-one admission to Bell Homestead National Historic Site in Brantford
Combine these offers with the stay one night, get the second night half off package being offered by several area hotels for the ultimate long weekend escape.
And don't forget to take advantage of some great contests that have been designed to make it even easier to get to know the heart of Ontario. Enter the Find Your Way contest at www.theheartofontario.com for a chance to win one of two $2500 getaway packages that bring together the best of Hamilton Halton Brant's outdoors and culture. Area tourism partners also have some great promotions planned to help celebrate National Tourism Week that runs from May 14th to May 20th. The City of Burlington is promoting the "hidden gems" of Burlington with two interactive contests running from Monday May 14th to Sunday May 20th. Visit www.discoverburlingtonontario.blogspot.ca for all the details. The City of Brantford is also getting the word out about its tourism hotspots at the Lynden Park Mall on May 13th and 14th with interactive displays, amazing giveaways and the chance to win a summer vacation for four in Brantford and area.
For further information:
905-682-8933, ext. 63