KAMLOOPS, B.C., Feb. 4, 2012 /CNW/ - TD Canada Trust today officially opened its newest state-of-the-art branch in Kamloops, which features a breath-taking view of one of B.C.'s most beautiful cities. Located just off Rogers Way at City View Plaza in Aberdeen, the new branch is full service, open seven days a week and has a number of features unique to TD Canada Trust branches.
"The new TD Canada Trust branch is absolutely beautiful with an open concept and lots of windows for customers to enjoy one of the best views in Kamloops," said Lindy Baird, Branch Manager. "We are very excited to be the first bank to open in a convenient location to serve the financial needs of one of the city's newest and fastest growing communities."
Features of the new branch include:
- An open concept design that helps TD serve customers better by moving financial specialists out from behind desks directly to the customers.
- A customer lounge with a coffee station and magazine rack lets customers wait in comfort if they arrive early for an appointment or are waiting for their friends or family to complete their banking.
- A community boardroom designed for use by customers including businesses and not-for-profit groups. This room is available free-of-charge and includes business services such as video conferencing capabilities and a printer.
- A community wall shares a pictorial story about the local area. The current display features projects funded by the local chapter of the TD Friends of the Environment Foundation and includes space for community groups to post flyers about upcoming events
- Digital displays mounted throughout the branch provide customers with current information about TD products and services.
In addition to the grand-opening festivities and ribbon-cutting ceremony, TD Friends of the Environment Foundation made a $5,000 donation to Interior Community Services for the Rotary community garden as part of TD's ongoing commitment to the environment and the community.
TD chose this particular location because Aberdeen is one of the fastest growing communities in Kamloops, with a diverse mix of young families, seniors and business owners. During the grand opening, local residents were treated to a barbecue, refreshments, prize draws, activities for the kids and photos with the TD mascot.
As part of TD Canada Trust's extended hours, the branch is open 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, Monday through Wednesday; 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Thursday and Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Saturday and 12:00p.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Sunday. The new branch is wheelchair accessible and features two full-service Green Machine ATMs which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
About TD Canada Trust
TD Canada Trust offers personal and business banking to more than 11.5 million customers. We provide a wide range of products and services from chequing and savings accounts, to credit cards, mortgages and business banking, to credit protection and travel medical insurance, as well as advice on managing everyday finances. TD Canada Trust makes banking comfortable with award-winning service and convenience through 24/7 mobile, internet, telephone and ATM banking, as well as in over 1,100 branches, with convenient hours to serve customers better. For more information, please visit: www.tdcanadatrust.com. TD Canada Trust is the Canadian retail bank of TD Bank Group, the sixth largest bank in North America.
For further information:
To contact the branch:
TD Canada Trust
Manager, Corporate Communications
TD Bank Group