MONTRÉAL, Oct. 20, 2014 /CNW Telbec/ - As the fall days get shorter and the mercury starts to drop, Montréal Space for Life is urging you to Hurry Up and Slow Down! There's just a few days left to come bask in the glow of the Gardens of Light and to take the time to enjoy the Great Pumpkin Ball. There are shows, activities and games galore at the Botanical Garden all day long. Kids of all ages are sure to have fun laughing along with Pépo-citrouille and Esmeralda the witch, and checking out the sneaky spiders at the Insectarium. On October 31, you'll be amazed at the cunning and agility of the animals in the Biodôme's ecosystems. Then, as the daylight fades, everything slows down and the softly entrancing lighting in the Chinese and Japanese gardens invites you to embark on an inspiring nighttime adventure. Don't delay! Get ready to slow down and savour the fall and Halloween delights.
Treasure ships and surprising colours
Until November 2, the Chinese Garden invites you to take a magical twilight stroll to admire the thematic lanterns resembling brightly coloured treasure ships. This enchanting scene illustrates one of the exploratory voyages of Zheng He, the 15th century Admiral of the Seas. There are all kinds of other human- and animal-shaped lanterns evoking scenes from that era, as well.
Then head to the Japanese Garden, where the elegant play of shadows and light reveals the Garden's plants and architecture with some surprising colours and unexpected details. The concept, by lighting artists France Jutras and Jocelyn Bathalon from Jutras Bathalon Bureau d'études lumière, invites visitors to experience a sense of active immobility, as they are immersed in a mysterious inner world. Embark on a gentle voyage into the night.
Until October 31, come join the family Halloween fun!
At the Botanical Garden:
- Admire the 851 decorated pumpkins in the Main Exhibition Greenhouse. Check out the contest grand prize winners and have fun picking your favourites. There's something for everyone!
- Take the time to enjoy the antics of the perennial kids' favourite, Pépo-citrouille. He's celebrating his twentieth year at the Botanical Garden with La famille de Pépo, a zany adventure with the Cucurbitaceae family.
- She's really not scary at all! Esmeralda the witch has plenty of magic spells in her sack, and she'd love to share them with youngsters.
- Hop over to the Little Monsters Courtyard with the kids. It's a play area full of super challenges and a fun quiz all about agriculture.
- Check out the squashes in every shape and colour at the Squash Kiosk, and pick up some recipes you'll want to try at home. Don't forget to try our squash quiz!
Over at the Insectarium, the Sneaky Spiders are sure to impress you with their exploits – these champions of nature are incredibly adaptable!
October 31 is a special day at the Biodôme. There will be Pumpkin Treats for the mammals, fish and birds in the ecosystems. Come see if they can find their favourite foods inside all the little pumpkins.
It's your last chance this fall to Hurry Up and Slow Down at Montréal Space for Life!
About Montréal Space for Life
Montréal Space for Life is made up of four attractions on the same site: the Botanical Garden, Biodôme, Insectarium and Rio Tinto Alcan Planetarium. These four prestigious municipal institutions form Canada's largest natural science museum complex. Together, they are launching a daring, creative urban movement, urging everyone to rethink the connection between humankind and nature and cultivate a new way of living.
For further information and to purchase tickets online, see our website espacepourlavie.ca.
Gardens of Light
Great Pumpkin Ball
SOURCE: Espace pour la vie