QUÉBEC CITY, Nov. 23, 2018 /CNW Telbec/ - After spurring incredible growth and spearheading a large number of successes, Gaëtan Gagné, President and CEO of Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB) has announced to the Board of Directors that he will not be renewing his term. In order to ensure a smooth transition and allow the organization the time it needs to find his successor, Mr. Gagné will remain in office through a transition period once the new President and CEO has been named.
"In 2016, the Board of Directors asked me to renew my term until the completion of the largest expansion project in our history. Today, after dedicating 22 years to the development of YQB, including 14 years on the Board of Directors and 8 years on the senior management team, the time has come to pass the torch. Our major projects have been completed, our financial health has never been better and the number of passengers has been growing steadily for the past 17 years. I feel good about this transition. I am facing it with a sense of pride and thankfulness for YQB's staff and Board of Directors, who have always supported me in the organization's development," stated Mr. Gagné.
YQB's governance committee intends to start the nomination process next month, with the new President and CEO taking office in the spring or summer of 2019.
"Under Gaëtan Gagné's leadership, YQB has experienced unprecedented growth. He led our terminal modernization and expansion project and developed an ambitious vision to make YQB a world-class airport. His determination, loyalty and incredible commitment to YQB's development—to the benefit of its passengers—as well as his constant dedication to ensuring YQB's contribution to the economic and touristic development of the greater Québec City area and all of Eastern Québec have certainly made their mark on the history of the Capitale-Nationale region. We would like to thank him wholeheartedly for his work. We are thrilled that the organization can continue counting on him until his successor is hired," concluded André Fortin, Chairman of the Board of Directors.
About Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB)
YQB is managed by Aéroport de Québec inc., the private corporation responsible, since November 1, 2000, for the management, operation, maintenance and development of Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport. Around a dozen carriers use YQB to offer connections to North America, Central America, the Caribbean, Mexico and Europe, and daily flights to the main hubs in eastern North America.
Recent distinctions :
- 2018 – Best Communication Practices – ACI-NA
- 2018 – INOVA award from the Urban Development Institute of Québec
- 2018 – Level 2 Airport Carbon Accreditation certification
- 2018 – Québec consulting engineering awards – mechanical and electrical building engineering
- 2018 - Employee Recommended Workplace Awards, presented by Morneau Shepell and The Globe and Mail
- 2017 - Priority Pass Lounge of the Year Awards – Best lounge in North America
- 2017 - Élixir PMI-Montréal award for outstanding management of the YQB 2018 project
- 2017 - Boomerang Award – website or application – service of the year award for the "YQB, Aéroport de Québec" mobile app
- 2016 – Boomerang Award – website or application – service of the year award for the "aeroportdequebec.com" website
- 2016 - Priority Pass Lounge of the Year Awards – Highly Commended
- 2013/2011/2010 Best airport in North America in the 0 to 2 million passenger category, Airport Service Quality (ASQ)
SOURCE Aéroport de Québec
For further information: Laurianne Lapierre, Advisor, communications and media relations, Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport, Phone: 418 640-2700, extension 2624