Future Shop unveils five useful tips to help prepare for Cyber Monday
- Cyber Monday is the second biggest online sales event in Canada, drawing more than 1M visitors to Futureshop.ca. The deals drop at Futureshop.ca on Sunday, November 25, 2012 at 10 p.m. EST.
- Door crasher deals will be offered on Futureshop.ca and available for viewing and purchase online or through Future Shop's mobile Apps, complete with free shipping on orders over $20.
- Future Shop unveils five useful tips to help prepare for successful Cyber Monday shopping.
BURNABY, BC, Nov. 22, 2012 /CNW/ - When Future Shop, Canada's largest retailer and e-tailer of consumer electronics, pioneered Cyber Monday in Canada just three years ago, it was relatively unknown to shoppers north of the border. Today, Cyber Monday is the second largest online shopping day for Futureshop.ca next to Boxing Day. This day has become such a phenomenon in Canada over the past few years that Future Shop is anticipating to double Cyber Monday sales compared to 2011 and will attract more than one million online visitors to Futureshop.ca, searching out the best deals online from the comfort of their own home or office on Monday morning.
With less than a month's worth of shopping days left between Cyber Monday and Christmas, Future Shop is once again providing consumers with huge savings on Futureshop.ca and its mobile apps during its third annual Cyber Monday sale. Canadians can save big on the most popular gift-giving products from Future Shop, including tablets, laptops, digital cameras, video games, TVs and more. In addition to consumer electronics, Future Shop will also be offering deals on its expanded assortment of products online, such as furniture, travel and luggage and baby products. Shopping is easy with fast, free shipping on orders over $20*.
"Seventy per cent of our customers have heard of Cyber Monday, yet just 22 per cent purchased something in 2011," said Thierry Hay-Sabourin, of eCommerce, Future Shop. "This year, we're expecting our sales to double on Futureshop.ca thanks to our red-hot deals. In just three years, Cyber Monday has already become the second most trafficked day on our site next to Boxing Day."
To stay on top of this year's online-only offers, customers are encouraged to sign-up for Future Shop's e-newsletter and connect on Facebook and Twitter @FS_Deals). A sneak peek of some of the 2012 Cyber Monday deals will be shared through the Future Shop newsletter this Friday. All deals will be disclosed Sunday, November 25 at Futureshop.ca/cybermonday.
Cyber Monday officially kicks off on Futureshop.ca this Sunday, November 25 at 10:00 p.m. EST, continuing through Tuesday, November 27 at 3:00 a.m. EST.
Future Shop offers the following top five tips for digital shopping success to get the most out of Cyber Monday:
- Create an account. Creating an account ahead of time and including details such as shipping and billing address on Futureshop.ca can save you time and help checkout faster. After creating an account, add items to your personal Wish List. Check the list frequently for deals on selected products and be prepared to Add to Cart when Cyber Monday strikes.
- Look for low price guarantees. Avoid buyer's remorse. Buy online from an authorized retailer who offers lowest price guarantees, such as Future Shop's new Price Beat Promise where if a customer finds a lower price on an item at another valid retailer, in-store or online, Future Shop will beat it by 10 per cent of the price difference at time of purchase.
- Consider shipping. Not all retailers offer fast, free shipping on Cyber Monday. Make the most of your savings by shopping at stores like Future Shop that offers free shipping on orders over $20.
- Use social networks to track deals. Future Shop's e-newletter, Twitter and Facebook are the most up-to-date platforms to find deals and promotions. Sign up for Future Shop's e-newsletter, or visit them online through Twitter account (@FS_Deals and Facebook to stay updated with the best offers.
- Make a list. Prepare for Cyber Monday by making a list of the items you need to help stay on track. Not sure what your loved ones are hoping for? Visit Future Shop's Tech Yeah Community for advice on the top gift-giving ideas and this holiday's most desired tech forward gifts.
Visit Futureshop.ca/cybermonday to stay up to date on all of the saving.
|*Excludes special delivery items|
About Future Shop
With 149 stores across the country and the nation's premier web store (www.futureshop.ca), Burnaby, BC-based Future Shop is Canada's largest retailer and e-tailer of consumer electronics. The company employs more than 10,000 technology enthusiasts, has enabled its website, Futureshop.ca, to deliver unparalleled content about the products it sells. Futureshop.ca also hosts an online community forum and tech blog called Tech Yeah for technology beginners and tech-savvy experts to exchange ideas, reviews, tips and other consumer electronics information (www.futureshop.ca/techyeah). As a proud corporate citizen, Future Shop has developed solutions to recycle used electronics and is committed to employee volunteerism and supporting non-profit organizations dedicated to transforming local youth into Future Leaders (see www.futureshop.ca/futuregeneration).
SOURCE: Future Shop
For further information:
Elliott Chun │Future Shop │firstname.lastname@example.org │604.412.1764
Thierry Lopez │Future Shop │email@example.com │514.905.7713