Survey also ranks new electronics toys second on Dad's list of preferred gift ideas
TORONTO and BURNABY, BC, June 10 /CNW/ - Future Shop, Canada's largest retailer and e-tailer of consumer electronics, is helping dads relax this Father's Day with some great gift ideas sure to please.
In a recent survey* commissioned by Future Shop, and conducted by Leger Marketing, results suggested that 80 per cent Canadian dads prefer good quality time with their families - more than any other gift category. Additionally, the more than 850 Canadian dads surveyed said that electronics (55 per cent) and a day off from household chores (49 per cent) are other gifts they would like to receive this Father's Day. Only 29 per cent of dads said they would like to spend their Father's Day on DIY projects such as installing a home theatre system or appliances, further validating that even the handiest dad is just looking for some down-time on June 20.
1. 80 % just want quality time with the family....
2. 55% want new gadgets/technology (i.e. television, Blu-ray, DVD
player, laptop etc)
3. 49% want new clothes
4. 49% looking for day-pass from household chores
5. 43% want sports-related items (i.e. tickets to an event, golfing,
6. 42% want home renovation tools
7. 40% want movies
8. 29% want a day dedicated to their DIY projects
9. 82% of women would prefer to give good quality time with family as a
10. 21% of women like the idea of giving dad a day dedicated to his DIY
projects the least
For more memorable Father's Day gift ideas, in various price ranges, visit www.futureshop.ca.
FUTURE SHOP'S TOP 10 GIFT IDEAS
"Don't just give dad his new gadget, give him the whole package by having the ConnectPro team come in to set-up and install his new favourite toy. No heavy lifting, unwrapping or reading instructions - a true day off. Now that's a gift!!"
1. Sony BRAVIA 46" 1080p 240Hz 3D-Ready LED HDTV*- Future Shop
- $2,999.99 - Web ID: 10143111 http://tinyurl.com/38krcbj
2. Klipsch HD Theatre 300 5.1 Speaker System
- $599.99 - Web ID: 10125642 http://tinyurl.com/2bb7dwo
3. LG Blu-ray Disc Player
- $129.99 - Web ID: 10126438 http://tinyurl.com/2fv6aog
4. Apple 16GB iPad With Wi-Fi - In-Store Only
- $549.99 - Web ID: 10138823 http://tinyurl.com/25cz3ee
5. Sony 15.5" Intel Core i3 330M 2.13GHz
- $699.99 - Web ID: 10140009 http://tinyurl.com/2ftftbv
6. Bose SoundDock Portable Digital Music System
- $449.99 - Web ID: 10093681 http://tinyurl.com/22nrur9
7. Sony 6" Reader Touch Edition
- $249.99 - Web ID: 10129262 http://tinyurl.com/2dpckyr
8. TomTom World Traveler Edition
- $229.99 - Web ID: 10133574 http://tinyurl.com/2d4ckls
9. Motorola Bluetooth Headset
- $39.99 - Web ID: 10119112 http://tinyurl.com/2e6fkvc
10. ConnectPro Services (Home Theatre Installation, Computer & Car Audio
*Prices as of June 1, 2010
*Leger Marketing fielded the online survey on behalf of Future Shop on May 31, 2010, among a national sample of 1,551 adults 18 years of age and older, 897 were fathers with children.
About Future Shop
With 144 stores across the country and the nation's premier web store (www.futureshop.ca), Burnaby, BC-based Future Shop is Canada's largest retailer and e-tailer of consumer electronics. The company employs more than 10,000 technology enthusiasts, has enabled its website, Futureshop.ca, to deliver unparalleled content about the products it sells. Futureshop.ca also hosts an online community forum and tech blog for technology beginners and tech-savvy experts to exchange ideas, reviews, tips and other consumer electronics information (www.futureshopforums.ca). As a proud corporate citizen, Future Shop has developed solutions to recycle used electronics and is committed to employee volunteerism and supporting non-profit organizations dedicated to transforming local youth into Future Leaders (see www.futureshop.ca/futuregeneration).
Search terms: Fathers Day, gifts, electronics, gadgets, installation, technology, digital photography, iPad, 3DTV, HDTV, GPS, shopping.
SOURCE Future Shop
For further information: For further information: or to arrange an interview, contact: Elliott Chun, Future Shop, email@example.com, 604.412.1764; Gabrielle Totesau, Optimum PR, firstname.lastname@example.org, 416.934.8035