Frost & Sullivan's 2018 Predictions: Global Healthcare Market Will Skyrocket to Nearly $2 Trillion in 2018
Unique confluence of emerging technologies and investment trends will make 2018 a year of technical breakthroughs, finds Frost & Sullivan.
18 Jan, 2018, 08:12 ET
SANTA CLARA, Calif., Jan. 18, 2018 /CNW/ -- Frost & Sullivan's new analysis, Global Healthcare Industry Outlook, 2018, explores how the global healthcare landscape is expected to evolve in 2018. Even though the given political concerns and rising pressures to decrease healthcare costs, this industry will register globally a stable growth rate of 4.82% during this year.
To access more information on this analysis, please visit: http://frost.ly/24j
Key predictions for 2018 growth opportunities in the global healthcare market include;
- X-as-a-Service model will create new revenue streams driving future sustainability for the healthcare industry,
- Cloud will emerge as a core platform since all stakeholders need to expand storage flexibility,
- A major technology company will attain success in FDA's fast-track program on digital therapeutics and health apps,
- Virtual and Remote Clinical Trials adoption will increase and focus on efficiency and patient-centricity,
- Robotics for surgery and care assistance within hospitals will attain high penetration,
- The ongoing digital transformation and the smart city concept will push the need for hospitals to become 'Smart Hospitals', Asia-pacific countries will take the lead in this project,
- Despite increased investments by healthcare stakeholders cyber-attacks on the industry are expected to double during 2018, and
- Incentive-based wellness programs will gain more popularity globally and data insight-driven incentives impacting premiums will become standard for payer-corporate partnerships.
"Even though 2017 was a year full of spectacular advancements in healthcare, 2018 will be the year of digital health technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), Internet of Medical Things (IoMT), big data analytics, and robotics," said Frost & Sullivan Transformational Health industry analyst Kamaljit Behera. "Non-healthcare companies will continue to collaborate with healthcare industry players to transform these technologies into actionable applications that will drive growth opportunities across the globe."
Global Healthcare Industry Outlook, 2018 is part of Frost & Sullivan's Transformational Health Growth Partnership Program.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants. For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Contact us: Start the discussion
Global Healthcare Industry Outlook, 2018
Corporate Communications – North America
P. (210) 348 1012
E. [email protected]
LinkedIn: Transform Health
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan
Share this article