The discussion will cover diesel sales slowdown, data monetization-driven decisions and declining battery prices
LONDON, Feb. 21, 2018 /CNW/ -- Frost & Sullivan, the growth partnership company, announced today that it will host a live, complimentary Growth Innovation Leadership (GIL) briefing titled, "What's Driving the 2018 Global Automotive Industry?", on Tuesday, 27th February 2018 at 3:00 PM GMT. The webinar will offer Frost & Sullivan's expert insight from Robert Merlotti, Senior Vice President Mobility, Americas; Vivek Vaidya, Vice President Mobility, Asia Pacific; Joe Praveen Vijayakumar, Industry Analyst Mobility; and Vishwas Shankar, Research Analyst.
The automotive landscape changes every year. The convergence of various technologies and industries with the automotive space is creating unprecedented opportunities in the marketplace.
"Stakeholders in the automotive industry will face several challenges that could be turned into opportunities such as the supporting infrastructure of charging stations for the Electric Vehicles (EV)," said Vishwas Shankar, Research Analyst at Frost & Sullivan. "The prices of EV batteries are constantly declining which is making EVs affordable, contributing to power their way ahead with record sales. This necessitates more charging stations to be set up and a universal charging standard to be established."
According to Frost & Sullivan, around 1.4 million electric vehicles are expected to be sold globally in 2018, up from less than a million in 2016. Battery electric vehicles (BEV) will constitute around 55% of these, while plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs) account for the remaining 45%.
Join us to gain a more comprehensive understanding of the global automotive industry and the dynamically evolving trends in order to tap into growth opportunities.
Expert Insight You Don't Want to Miss:
- Gain insights on the key trends and the disruptive forces that dominated the market in 2017.
- Understand the evolving disruptive trends driving the automotive market in 2018 and the Data Monetization driven business models which will gain prominence in 2018.
- Learn how the developments will have an impact on the various automotive ecosystem players.
- Understand the latest technologies which are poised to accelerate the development of autonomous cars and what will be the next stage of evolution for electric vehicles.
- Identify the critical opportunity areas that will emerge in the automotive market in 2018, the regional trends and how Brexit impacted automotive investments in the UK.
For more information and to register for the webinar, please click here.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants. For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Contact us: Start the discussion
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan