Frontier Oil Sands Mine Project - Availability of Additional Participant Funding
Nov 19, 2015, 14:26 ET
OTTAWA, Nov. 19, 2015 /CNW/ - The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency is making additional funding available through its Participant Funding Program to assist the participation of the public and Aboriginal groups in the subsequent phases of the environmental assessment of the proposed Frontier Oil Sands Mine project in Alberta.
The Agency invites eligible individuals and groups to apply for funding to assist their participation in reviewing and commenting on documents submitted by the proponent, and preparing for and participating in the public hearing.
The funding will also assist with reviewing and commenting on the potential conditions relating to possible mitigation measures and follow-up requirements that would be required, if the project is allowed to proceed. Aboriginal groups will also receive funding to review the Panel Report.
Applications received by January 8, 2016 will be considered. Recipients and the amount of funding allocated will be announced at a later date.
To apply for funding, complete the Participant Funding Application Form–Environmental assessments undertaken by a review panel available on the Agency website at ceaa.gc.ca under Participant Funding. For further information, email the Participant Funding Program at [email protected] or call 1-866-582-1884.
- The updated Frontier Oil Sands Mine Project proposed by Teck Resources Ltd. would be a new 260,000 barrel per day oil sands mining operation located approximately 110 kilometres north of Fort McMurray. The project is a truck and shovel mine which includes an open pit, ore preparation plant, bitumen processing plant, tailings facilities, cogeneration facilities, support utilities, disposal and storage areas, river water intake, fish habitat compensation lake, bridge, roads, airfield and camp. The proposed project would operate for 41 years.
- Information on the project and the environmental assessment process is available on the Canadian Environmental Assessment Registry at ceaa.gc.ca, reference number 65505.
- Participant Funding Program (Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency)
- Frontier Oil Sands Mine Project (Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency)
- Basics of Environmental Assessment (Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency)
SOURCE Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency
For further information: Lucille Jamault, Communications Manager, Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency, 613-957-0434, [email protected]; Follow us on Twitter: @CEAA_ACEE
Share this article