Today's speakers include Col. Chris Hadfield and Hélène Campbell and the tradeshow floor to feature the future of health care
TORONTO, Nov. 4, 2013 /CNW/ - HealthAchieve 2013, the largest health care conference of its kind in North America, kicks off today at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre promising three days of inspiring ideas and innovation. This year, HealthAchieve will take a closer look at the hospital of the future, and how Canada is leading the way in health care innovation.
The award-winning tradeshow floor will feature close to 300 exhibitors from across the globe showcasing the latest products and services in health care delivery including:
- Health Care Community Capital Project Display: Twelve Ontario health care organizations have undergone significant transformation and redevelopment to become some of the most innovative in the world, and they will be on display to showcase how good design and modern technology can revolutionize the way care is delivered.
- The New Product Showcase: A selection of close to 20 new products that have launched in the health care market will be exhibited. From chair handles that prevent the spread of disease to software that allows professionals keep track of and communicate with patients after they have been discharged, the New Product Showcase will challenge the status quo in Canadian health care organizations.
- Mobile Applications: Think you can't live without your cell phone? A handful of mobile apps are making this statement truer than ever. HealthAchieve will feature apps that help health care workers with rounding programs as well as a portal that provides everything from education to communication at the bedside.
HealthAchieve brings leading experts from many fields to help inspire health leaders to think outside of the box when it comes to health care solutions. Today, HealthAchieve will feature:
- Colonel Chris Hadfield: In his passionate and illuminating talk, Hadfield imparts the useful and practical lessons he's learned throughout his remarkable career in the fields of leadership, teamwork, collaboration, science and technology, and motivates audiences to achieve dreams higher than the clouds. [10:00am, Room 105, 106, 107]
- Hélène Campbell: The young woman who caught the attention of international leaders and celebrities as the feisty double lung transplant recipient will be leading a session on being the CEO of her own health care. Her continued advocacy for organ and tissue donation triggered an unprecedented rise in registration to donor lists in Canada and the USA. [7:30am, Room 205 and 206]
- Dr. Peter Pronovost: A leader in patient safety, Dr. Pronovost has devised life-saving clinical practices that are yielding dramatic improvements in hospitals across the US and will bring that insight to the Canadian health care system. [1:30pm, Room 106]
And, the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care in partnership with Toronto Public Health will be launching their "Let's Get Fluless" campaign encouraging health care workers to get vaccinated. A media photo opportunity will take place on the Exhibit Floor at 9:00am.
For more information, visit www.healthachieve.com
One of the largest and most prestigious health care gatherings in North America, HealthAchieve aims to inspire ideas and innovation with over 50 informative and engaging educational sessions along with an award-winning exhibit floor, where close to 300 exhibitors will showcase the latest health care products, services and technologies. HealthAchieve attracts more than 6,000 health care and business leaders from around the world for learning, networking, benchmarking and sharing best practices. Learn more about HealthAchieve online at www.HealthAchieve.com.
For further information: