MONTREAL, Feb. 17, 2017 /CNW Telbec/ - From March 4 through 26, 2017, Art Souterrain presents the 9th edition of its eponymous contemporary art festival, under the theme Play and Distraction.
This visual arts festival will kick off Saturday, March 4, 2017 during Montreal's Nuit blanche, and over the following three weeks will offer 45 activities: commented visits, conferences, and artist meet-and-greets.
ART SOUTERRAIN 2017: PROGRAMMING, MARCH 4 TO 26
- 4 exhibition curators: Frédéric Loury, senior curator and executive director of Art Souterrain, the duo of Patrick Bérubé and Chloé Grondeau, and Marie-Charlotte Carrier.
- 67 artists and collectives hailing from Germany, England, Austria, Belgium, Canada (including Québec), South Korea, the United States, Finland, France, Italy, the Netherlands, the Czech Republic, the United Kingdom, Senegal, Switzerland and Taiwan.
- 58 projects: Installations, sculptures, performances, photographs, interactive videos with audio.
- Exhibition trail covering six kilometres, in nine buildings of Montreal's underground network: Central Station, 1000 de la Gauchetière, Place Bonaventure (only during the Nuit blanche event), Place de la Cité internationale-OACI, Place Victoria, World Trade Centre Montréal, Édifice Jacques-Parizeau, the Palais des congrès, and Guy-Favreau Complex.
- Exhibition trail in seven satellite venues in Montreal: Arsenal Contemporary Art, Centre d'exposition de l'Université de Montréal, Dawson College Art Gallery, ELLEPHANT, Espace d'exposition Ubisoft, Never Apart, and OBORO.
- Explanatory cartels next to each work, with description and artistic approach.
- Audioguide (in French) available free of charge in each building (except Place Bonaventure and Place de la Cité internationale).
- Focus (new this year): commented visits each Tuesday and Wednesday by a guest artist or a curator (ticket reservation: artsouterrain.com).
- Vivement midi (new this year): Monday to Friday, starting at noon, five buildings within the network of the underground trail will host, in turn, a performance by an artist from the programming line-up.
- Public meetings with ambassadors and artists of the underground trail to discuss the works on display, weekends from noon to 6 p.m., in three buildings.
- Guided visits of the East or West trail (Saturdays in English, Sundays in French, leaving at 2 p.m. $5).
- Educational visits are available for schools.
- 47 activities based on the theme Play and Distraction. Schedule available at www.artsouterrain.com
SOURCE Art Souterrain
For further information: Marie Marais, [email protected], 514 845 2821