Police force to leverage the Canadian cloud, Evidence.com, to store and manage digital evidence
FREDERICTON, New Brunswick and SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., March 24, 2017 /CNW/ -- Axon Public Safety Canada Inc., a subsidiary of TASER International (NASDAQ: TASR) today announced that the Fredericton Police Force (FPF) will pilot Axon Body 2 body cameras and digital evidence management solution, Evidence.com starting this month. The pilot is designed to improve how the agency captures, stores and manages their digital evidence in the field.
"The Fredericton Police Force has always prided itself with leveraging technology to support community safety," says Deputy Chief Martin Gaudet. "This pilot is an exciting next step in that process. We have been discussing the idea of body-worn cameras with community stakeholders for some time. However, until we began discussions with Axon, we were not convinced that our ability to manage the large amount of video was in place. With Evidence.com and their Canadian 'cloud,' we now feel confident that this is the right direction for our agency," concluded Deputy Chief Gaudet.
"We are extremely excited to work with a leading Maritime police agency like Fredericton," says Axon's Managing Director, Canada & Latin America, Vishal Dhir. "This pilot is a great opportunity for Fredericton Police to do their own research and see how the benefits of the Axon platform differ from previous pilots conducted in Canada - especially with respect to battery life, data transfer process and ultimately managing the data in the Canadian cloud environment."
Fredericton Police Force will leverage a number of Axon products and services including Axon Body 2 cameras, Axon Capture and Evidence.com with the pilot lasting for 90 days.
About the Axon network:
The Axon network includes more than 100,000 licensed users from around the world and is changing the future of public safety.
Axon protects life by connecting devices, apps and people onto one centralized network. Our technologies impact every aspect of an officer's day-to-day experience:
- In the field - Our Smart Weapons offer a less-lethal intermediate use of force option and have helped saved over 180,000 lives; our body-worn and in-car cameras collect video evidence to capture the truth of an incident; and our mobile applications enable simple evidence collection
- At the station - Our secure, Canadian cloud-based digital evidence management solution allows officers and command staff to manage, review, share and process digital evidence using forensic, redaction, transcription and other tools
- In the courtroom - Our solutions for prosecutors make collaborating across jurisdictions and agencies easy so that cases can be resolved quickly
Follow the TASER and Axon brand here:
- Axon on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Axon_Canada
- Axon on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Axon/117780381886687
- TASER on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International
About TASER International, Inc.
TASER International makes communities safer with innovative public safety technologies. Founded in 1993, TASER first transformed law enforcement with its electrical weapons. TASER continues to define smarter policing with its Axon brand which includes a growing suite of connected products and services from body cameras and digital evidence management tools to mobile apps. More than 180,000 lives have been saved from death or serious injury with TASER's products and services. Learn more at www.taser.com and www.ca.axon.io/ or by calling (800) 978-2737.
Note to Investors
Please visit http://investor.taser.com, www.twitter.com/officialtaser and https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International where TASER discloses information from time to time about the company, its financial information and its business.
Visit our Investor Relations Safe Harbor Statement at: http://investor.taser.com/safeHarbor.cfm
For investor relations information please contact Arvind Bobra via email at [email protected].
Sydney Siegmeth, VP Global Communications
SOURCE TASER International, Inc.
For further information: Media ONLY Hotline: (480) 444-4000, http://www.taser.com