ADAMA's #ThankARetailer Contest gives outstanding ag-retailers the chance to give back to their communities.
WINNIPEG, Feb. 13, 2019 /CNW/ - #ThankARetailer, a national contest sponsored by ADAMA Canada to recognize the importance of Canadian ag-retailers, came to an exciting conclusion on Wednesday as four outstanding ag-retailers were awarded prizes of $15,000 each to put toward charitable causes in their communities. Since January 10, thousands of Canadians took part in earning points for their favourite retailers. After tabulating the points, the retailers who emerged victorious in their regions were:
- BC/Alberta: Olds Fertilizers and Sundre Soil Services, Olds & Sundre, AB
- Saskatchewan: Horizon Fertilizers LTD, Bruno, SK
- Manitoba: SJ Agronomy, Miami, MB
- Eastern/Atlantic Canada: M&R Feeds and Farm Supply, Pembroke, ON
"On behalf of ADAMA, I want to thank all participants and congratulate the four winning agri-retailers from this year's #ThankARetailer contest," said Jodi Starodub, Demand Creation Manager at ADAMA Canada. "These outstanding retailers make a positive impact in their communities daily. With the support of their customers and ADAMA, they now have the opportunity to give back even further."
Each winning retailer has chosen a worthwhile cause in their region to support.
- Olds Fertilizers and Sundre Soil Services will be supporting the Sundre Hospital Futures Committee, which is currently fundraising to build a new hospital in Sundre.
- Horizon Fertilizers will be supporting the Bruno Artificial Ice Committee, which is fundraising to purchase and install an artificial ice plant and system into the Bruno rink.
- SJ Agronomy will be donating its prize to the Lloyd Orchard Community arena to help build new dressing rooms.
- M&R Feeds and Farm Supply will be supporting the Muskrat Watershed Council and the Robbie Dean Foundation, two volunteer-led organizations that aim to improve the physical environment and social environment in the Ottawa valley.
"ADAMA will continue to support our retailers, their farmer customers and rural communities across Canada," added Starodub. "We look forward to seeing these worthwhile initiatives make a real difference in their respective towns."
ADAMA's annual #ThankARetailer community contest pays homage to ag-retailers that support Canada's rural communities. Each year, four outstanding ag-retails are selected to receive grand prizes of $15,000, which they can spend on a community initiative of their choice. ADAMA has now donated $175,000 to rural initiatives in Canada in the last 3 years.
To learn more about the 2019 winners and the contest in general, visit thankaretailer.ca.
ADAMA Canada has been supplying the Canadian agricultural community with products for more than a decade. We offer an alternative approach to Ag, with solutions that simplify the lives of agri-retailers and their farmer customers. Globally, ADAMA is a leading provider of crop protection solutions and services, operating in over 40 countries with the full support of Chem China. We tailor products to address pain points and offer innovative digital and AgTech solutions to create simplicity in agriculture worldwide.
SOURCE ADAMA Canada
For further information: media may contact: Jodi Starodub, Demand Creation Manager, ADAMA Canada, (204) 250-8911, [email protected]