- Sixth edition of bi-annual report focusses on foreign home ownership & housing supply
- Report includes annual survey of domestic realtors
- Manuscript assesses the state of the national market, as well as regional markets including: Toronto, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Regina, Calgary and Edmonton
TORONTO, Sept. 22, 2016 /CNW/ - Fortress Real Developments (Fortress) released their latest report on the Canadian housing market earlier today. The report authored by Senior Vice-President of Market Research and Analytics, Ben Myers includes original research and and surveys compiled by Fortress, supplemented by statistics and data from several independent third-party sources. Mr. Myers is an analyst with 15 years experience researching real estate markets across North America.
Foreign ownership of homes has been dominating headlines across Canada over the last year, particularly in the Toronto and Vancouver markets. The report takes a deeper look on this controversial topic. Among the highlights in this section are:
- How much have foreign buyers contributed to Vancouver and Toronto's rapid price inflation?;
- Governments in New Zealand and Australia have taken steps to curb real estate activity by foreign buyers, but has it worked;
- What are the motivations for foreigners' decision to buy residential housing property in Canada; and
- Examining both the costs and benefits of Foreign Residential investment in Canada.
"There is a common hypothesis that foreign buyers of residential properties are a significant factor in the surge of house prices in Vancouver and Toronto. Some are calling for further Government intervention to restrict or dissuade foreign residential ownership", says Myers. "The report examines the findings on international ownership and dispels myths on many pre-conceived beliefs on the affect of the Canadian housing market"
The full report is available at - https://fortressrealdevelopments.com/news/mm-ben-myers-pulse-edition-fall-2016/
About Fortress Real Developments
Fortress Real Developments Inc. is a Canadian real estate development company that seeks out and analyzes real estate development opportunities in major Canadian markets. The company is focused on quality projects with recognizable alpha in residential low-rise, high-rise, commercial and industrial market segments. For more information visit: http://fortressrealdevelopments.com
SOURCE Fortress Real Developments
For further information: Jenni Byrne, Bayfield Strategy, Inc., [email protected], Phone: (613) 986-4097