THORNHILL, ON, March 3, 2015 /CNW/ - The "Sunshine State" is the top road trip getaway among CAA South Central Ontario (CAA SCO) members, this year. Florida has something for everyone, from world-famous theme parks and attractions to picturesque beaches and golf courses.
Other popular March Break destinations include: South Carolina, Ontario, New York and Virginia.
No matter where you are travelling to this year, CAA SCO suggests keeping the following road-trip tips in mind:
- Make sure your vehicle is road trip ready. Change your oil, test your battery, top up your fluids and check your tire pressure before you leave.
- Always keep the view through your windows clear. If items must be placed outside the vehicle make sure that they are safely secured using a roof rack or cargo carrier.
- Plan your route ahead of time and bring a map as a backup to your GPS. CAA offers maps and TripTik route planners to help get you where you are going safely. Or download the CAA app and have a passenger navigate using TripTik mobile on your smartphone.
CAA SCO tips for travelling with kids by car:
- Give children a map so they can follow along, look for landmarks and help avoid the question, "Are we there yet?"
- Carry a change of clothes in the car in the event of a spill you can easily replace wet clothes with dry ones.
- Keep kids entertained on long road trips. Bring along a tablet pre-loaded with their favourite movies, books or games. Remember to pack headphones.
- Pack enough toys, games, books and snacks for each child to avoid any arguments.
If you run into car trouble during your road trip, CAA is there for you. Call 1-800-CAA-HELP (1-800-222-4357) for roadside help throughout Canada and the U.S.
For over a hundred years, CAA has been helping Canadians stay mobile, safe and protected. CAA South Central Ontario is one of nine auto clubs across Canada providing roadside assistance, automotive care, travel products, insurance services and member savings for more than 1.9 million members.
SOURCE CAA South Central Ontario
For further information: Silvana Aceto, Media and PR Consultant, CAA SCO, [email protected], Office: (905) 771-3194, Cell: (416) 209-4930 or Jeff LeMoine, Communications Consultant, CAA SCO, [email protected], Office: (905) 771-4709, Cell: (416) 254-0641